Why do i see edit after i post?

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #21  
LB

O DEER_____________________HA HA HA :D

When i first started posting i couldn't see the EDIT, then three days ago it just started showing up, but now i understand that it just last for several hours then it goes away.(i feel special now)

This problem just started tonight, after i post on a thread i go back

later and i see where i can__edit__ my post.

Isn't that normal? At least for the first 24 hours or so after the time of the post?

johndeere4300, sorry for the hijack,
I'm just experimenting here trying to figure out how to do multi quotes. the way I just did this is by opening another tab, logging into TBN then selecting quote from the post, then coming back to this tab and pasting.

Is there an easier way?

JB.

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #22  
I'm just experimenting here trying to figure out how to do multi quotes. the way I just did this is by opening another tab, logging into TBN then selecting quote from the post, then coming back to this tab and pasting.

Is there an easier way?

JB.

Isn't that normal? At least for the first 24 hours or so after the time of the post?

From the FAQ:
If you want to post replies to multiple posts you can select them by clicking the multi quote button
multiquote_off.gif
. This button will change to indicate that you've selected it. Clicking post reply will then bring you to the full editor with all the posts quoted.

The way I got mutltiple quotes in this message was:
As I was reading the thread, when I see a message I want to quote, click on the "multi-quote" button under that message. It will change to show a red background. Continue reading the thread and when another message is found that you want to quote, click on the "multi-quote" button under that message. Continue doing that until all messages that you want to quote have been identified. Then, click on the "Post Reply" button. The editor window will open with all the selected messages quoted. No additional tabs or windows are needed.

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #23  
THATS REALLY NO BIG DEAL.
Yer rite.
Is there an easier way?
JB.

Yup do it like I did this one.
At the lower right corner of each post you will see these buttons.
click on this one and the blue in it turns to red.
Go down through the thread and click this button in each post you want to quote making sure the button turns to red before moving on ; except for the last post you want to quote.
On the last one simply click the button and the reply page will open up for you.
Now all you do is type your reply under each quote.
Hope this helps ya out !

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #24  
From the FAQ:

As I was reading the thread, when I see a message I want to quote, click on the "multi-quote" button under that message. It will change to show a red background. Continue reading the thread and when another message is found that you want to quote, click on the "multi-quote" button under that message. Continue doing that until all messages that you want to quote have been identified. Then, click on the "Post Reply" button. The editor window will open with all the selected messages quoted. No additional tabs or windows are needed.

As long as I've been around on TBN, I'm still slowly learning.:D I never knew what that "multi-quote" button was for until now.:eek:

/ Why do i see edit after i post?

Is there an easier way?

JB.

JB4310,
Your not high jacking, but this did bring up another thing, when i try
to multi quote sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you did it.
now i just learned another thing.__(i still haven't tried to load any pictures)

* Good thing we have LB, he can multi quote, and use every color you
can think of, and even email his self:

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #26  
From the FAQ:

Yer rite.

Yup do it like I did this one.
At the lower right corner of each post you will see these buttons.
click on this one and the blue in it turns to red.
Go down through the thread and click this button in each post you want to quote making sure the button turns to red before moving on ; except for the last post you want to quote.
On the last one simply click the button and the reply page will open up for you.
Now all you do is type your reply under each quote.
Hope this helps ya out !

As long as I've been around on TBN, I'm still slowly learning.:D I never knew what that "multi-quote" button was for until now.:eek:

JB4310,
Your not high jacking, but this did bring up another thing, when i try
to multi quote sometimes it doesn't turn out the way you did it.
now i just learned another thing.__(i still haven't tried to load any pictures)

* Good thing we have LB, he can multi quote, and use every color you
can think of, and even email his self:

OK Thanks everyone, that sure is easier than the way I was doing it :)

Now how do you do all those other goofy faces, I only know how to do the smiley and frown face. I was told to go to the advanced button but I don't see that option anywhere :(

JB.

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #27  
When you go over to the right of the REPLY TO THREAD box, it shows a bunch of silly faces. Now that's pretty basic. I don't know how to do anything past there. Quote my reply and follow this arrow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kyle

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #28  
When you go over to the right of the REPLY TO THREAD box, it shows a bunch of silly faces. Now that's pretty basic. I don't know how to do anything past there. Quote my reply and follow this arrow >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Kyle

I still don't see anything? I think I have seen them in the past, maybe I turned something off?

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #29  
I still don't see anything? I think I have seen them in the past, maybe I turned something off?

Go to the bottom of this page, on the left you should see posting rules. It should say smilies are On. Click on the smilies and it will tell you what you need to type to get a smilie face in your post. :)