Why do i see edit after i post?

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #1  

JohnDeere4300

Veteran Member
Tractor
John Deere 4300
This problem just started tonight, after i post on a thread i go back

later and i see where i can__edit__ my post.

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #3  
Isn't that normal? At least for the first 24 hours or so after the time of the post?

Last edited:
   / Why do i see edit after i post? #4  
The following is copied from the FAQ:

Can I edit or delete my posts?
If you have registered and are logged in, you may be able to edit and delete your posts (although the administrator may have turned off this option). Your ability to edit your posts may be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.
To edit or delete your posts, click the Edit
edit.gif
button by the particular post. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting it may remove the entire thread.
Once you've made your modifications, a note may appear to inform other users that you have edited your post.
If the edit time and date appear as a link you can click on this to see the differences between the original and edited versions, or between edits if there have been multiple edits.
Can others edit my posts?
Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages. If they do, there may not be a note telling other users that the post was modified.

I may be wrong, but to the best of my recollection, you've always been able to edit your own posts for about 12 hours after you post a message.

/ Why do i see edit after i post?
The following is copied from the FAQ:

I may be wrong, but to the best of my recollection, you've always been able to edit your own posts for about 12 hours after you post a message.

Bird thanks for the information,

Last night was the first time that i seen EDIT after i posted on a thread.

This morning i went back to the last place i posted last night and
now EDIT is gone, i just thought something was wrong because it just started last night.

Thanks Bird.

Bill

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #6  
Why do i see edit after i post?

That's for people like me who can't see obvious mistakes until after it is posted!:p:p:p:p:p

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #7  
You sure ain't the only one, Mike. I try to remember to proof read what I type before I click on the "Submit Reply" button, but I don't always do it, and invariably if I don't, I find errors after posting the reply.:eek:

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #8  
   / Why do i see edit after i post? #9  
OK, LB, now your link is no good since the post in question had nothing in it, I deleted it.:)

/ Why do i see edit after i post? #10  
Mike and Bird are right. I've submitted many posts only to re-read it and realized I misspelled something or forgot to add something. Its a great feature for those of us who submit too quickly sometimes.