"Search" BUTTON NEEDS TO BE BIGGER and MORE NOTICABLE

/ "Search" BUTTON NEEDS TO BE BIGGER and MORE NOTICABLE #11  
Since we don't have a FAQ, a helpful link to a good thread would be much better than a strong rebuke to use the *#$@ search engine.
:confused:Maybe I'm confused or don't know just what you mean by that, but the "FAQ" button is on the same line as the "Search" button. If you click on the "FAQ", then click on "General Forum Usage", then click on "Searching Forums and Threads" the instructions are there.

Apparently we need to make the FAQ button larger as well... :D

/ "Search" BUTTON NEEDS TO BE BIGGER and MORE NOTICABLE #12  
Bird, yes, I almost forgot about that. There's a 'Board FAQ'...Frequently Asked Questions around using TBN, but not a "Tractor FAQ" If there is one, please let me know.

Here are a few of types of Frequently Asked Questions specific to tractors that might be asked.

What's the difference between hydrostatic/shuttleshift/gear transmission?
How big does my engine need to be to run this PTO generator?
What's the difference between synthetic and regular oil?
How does power beyond work?
Where can I find parts for a xxxx in my area?
Who makes which CUT?
And many, many more.

The point, though, is that a complete novice may not even know enough of the specific vocabulary to do the right searches. Also, interactive part of a forum is lost if you find a thread that's a few years old, but have reservations about dredging up an old thread to ask some questions on it.

And besides, sometimes it's fun to answer a question that's been asked a million times before. Using the search function to try to find that one thread that you remember from last year that was almost the exact same question makes it even better.

/ "Search" BUTTON NEEDS TO BE BIGGER and MORE NOTICABLE #13  
Bird, yes, I almost forgot about that. There's a 'Board FAQ'...Frequently Asked Questions around using TBN, but not a "Tractor FAQ" If there is one, please let me know.

Here are a few of types of Frequently Asked Questions specific to tractors that might be asked.

What's the difference between hydrostatic/shuttleshift/gear transmission?
How big does my engine need to be to run this PTO generator?
What's the difference between synthetic and regular oil?
How does power beyond work?
Where can I find parts for a xxxx in my area?
Who makes which CUT?
And many, many more.

The point, though, is that a complete novice may not even know enough of the specific vocabulary to do the right searches. Also, interactive part of a forum is lost if you find a thread that's a few years old, but have reservations about dredging up an old thread to ask some questions on it.

And besides, sometimes it's fun to answer a question that's been asked a million times before. Using the search function to try to find that one thread that you remember from last year that was almost the exact same question makes it even better.

OK, thanks. Now I understand what you're talking about.

/ "Search" BUTTON NEEDS TO BE BIGGER and MORE NOTICABLE #14  
Sort of related to creating new threads,

How about requiring a person to have something like 5 legitimate posts over a minimum of a couple days before new members can create a new thread. Or maybe requiring new members first thread to be approved by a mod?

It seems like were getting a lot of first post spam/advertising.

/ "Search" BUTTON NEEDS TO BE BIGGER and MORE NOTICABLE
I'm not trying to discurage any new posts, as I said before.

But, if there's a newbie and his first thread started is "R4 or AG tires?". He might have not noticed the Search Button. And you know he's going to get a reply like, "This has been done before, do a Search". And the newbie might have thought, "I wish I would have seen that Search button before".

Just trying to make newbies (like me) and others aware of all the options, and I think a bigger "Search" button will help. Anyway, how could it hurt?