Implement Reviews Suggestion

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #1  

hazmat

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L5460HSTC
Hey guys, where are all the implement reviews? I count only 6. I plan on adding my $.02 after a few more hours use.

Here's a suggestion, when somebody asks, "what do you think about brand x tiller?" in the attachment forum & you have an answer because you own or have used one. Please copy & paste it into the reviews section.

Also, maybe it's too structured, but I'd like to see a few more catagories added at the bottom of the reviews (with the pros cons etc.). Or we users could take it upon ourselves to touch upon the following items. Ratings would be on a 1-5 scale or info

Number Hours used
Weight
PTO HP range
PTO HP of your tractor
Duty cycle (1-5, Light - heavy use)
Fit & Finish (1-5)
Performance (1-5)
Ease of use (1-5)
Ease of maintainance (1-5)
Parts availability (1-5)
web site of manufacturer (if available)
post a picture (not sure if possible now)

Any other suggestions? This may be overkill, but I think would be an improvement to the already excellent TBN site.

If we get enough reviews posted, maybe implements could be added to the tractor awards. I'm thinking "best buy", "traditional favorite", "built like a tank"

Keep up the good work

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #2  
Hazmat,

The idea of more comprehensive reviews of implements is a good one. It would really be helpful to novices like me who are attempting to learn as much as possible before making a choice.

Bill

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #3  
One thing it would help is to avoid repeat questions. As new users come in we always get the perfunctory "Who makes the best finish mower?" or "What brand of bush hog does everyone recommend"? With a good ratings section they could be diverted there.

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #4  
Okay, I just got shamed into submitting another review. /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif I'm up to three now.

Pete

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #5  
Like Pete, I've been shamed into doing some reviews. Only one problem...the review asks for your password. I've never logged out in all my time in TBN. I forgot my password!!!/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif How do I find it??/w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #6  
Hey, it gets worse! I forgot what STATE I'm in, and mistakenly entered Wisconsin! Unfortunately, there is no way to edit a review. Guess I'll have to move.

Pete

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion
Pete,

Thanks for the review. We're making progress.

One thing I forgot to mention was quality of owners manual. For example, does it have a parts breakdown? Is it easy to read & understand?

My 7106 FEL manual is great, covers all the bases: parts, maintainence, & most importantly how to use it. My landpride rear blade manual has parts & maintainence, but doesn't tell you how to use the thing! A few basic intructions go a long way to having a satisfied customer. What would a rookie like me do w/o TBN to guide me on the use of the blade?

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #8  
<font color=blue>"I forgot what STATE I'm in, and mistakenly entered Wisconsin!"</font color=blue>

Awww Geesh Pete! Here I notified you privately to let you know about your mistake so that you wouldn't be embarrassed in public, and you go and tell everyone else yourself! /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif

I could've had a whole lot of fun with you in the forum if I would've known you didn't care! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

/ Implement Reviews Suggestion #9  
Yeah, well -- thanks for considering my feelings on the matter! But my wife still swears I'm going senile! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

Pete