New Colors

/ New Colors #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
See the attached image for a new color scheme I was thinking of implementing... maybe a little easier on the eyes?

This color scheme will also be very similar to the TBN redesign (coming soon)... light blue/grey borders. The borders will probably be lighter on the new site, but thicker.

Anyway, let me know if you like the new colors, of if you have any other suggestions for a color scheme... along with the new colors will come some minor new features that should make viewing long threads easier.

Thanks...

msig.gif

/ New Colors #2  
Muhammad -

Very nice! But then, I have no complaints about the current color scheme, either. I think I see why this site is so elegant -- you never stop trying to improve it. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

The fonts appear much smaller on the Mac (another well-known problem I wrestle with), but not objectionably so. There are some sites that are literally unreadable on the Mac unless you want to change your browser's default settings. Case in point -- many portions of the Micro$oft web site are unreadable on an Apple machine. What a surprise! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

HarvSig2.gif

/ New Colors
Harv,

I knew some Macs (and macs with netscape, too!) would be viewing the forum, so...

You can change your font size and type face in your display preferences (http://www.tractorbynet.com/cgi-bin/compact/editdisplay.pl... two options near the bottom) ... change to anything you want! There are a couple of things that will use a fixed font size on the main index, but almost everything else will get larger or smaller, and change type face as you set it.

In the screen shot you see the forum default verdana size 10.

msig.gif

/ New Colors #4  
I knew that! /w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif/w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

In fact, I had already bumped the font size up one notch and now I just bumped it up again. Looks great!!!

Muhammad, you've gone out of your way to offer us all kinds of terrific options, but I wonder how many of us take advantage of them, or even remember that we have options.

Reminder to all registered users -- if you don't like something about the way this site looks on your computer, go back and check the options that are available when you edit your profile.

There. I think you've all heard quite enough from me today.
I'll be good now. /w3tcompact/icons/crazy.gif

HarvSig2.gif

/ New Colors #5  
Yes that would be softer on the eyes first thing in the morning while have the first cup,but what about in the late night maybe to soft and put me to sleep. /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

This website just keeps getting better and better thanks to you and everyone else!!

Thomas..NH

/ New Colors #6  
Now if I could just get the screen centered everytime I open a thread. Always comes up on my screen off to the right, course with the scroll bar, I can adjust, but being that I don't have a MAC, I guess I can't complain! ;o) I have my browser font set to smallest, and the boards font at -1, guess I will wait to go further until I log out and log back in...might have to use a magnifying glass otherwise!

P.S. - Colors look great!<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1>Edited by scruffy on 9/4/00 04:49 PM.</FONT></P>

/ New Colors #7  
Muhammad - Looks great!

On another topic: I hate to be a pest, but has there been any progress on the Flat Mode Reverse Date Order Sort for messages?

Mark

/ New Colors #8  
Well, once again, I guess you lost me. When I go to the new test image, the banner across the top looks like the same colors as we're currently using. And the folders in yellow, as now. Everything else is black and white.

Bird

/ New Colors #10  
scruffy, that's what I got; black & white, and gray. I thought maybe it was just me or my computer again.

Bird