Please limit the size of photo attachments

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #1  

nickel plate

Veteran Member
Tractor
2002 New Holland TC40S
This is one of my favorite forums as I am a tractor owner but in opening 99% of any attached photos, they take quite a long time to open and generally consume three times my monitor screen, macro photography. Is there any way for the forum to downsize these huge photos-I don't think the photographers in most cases know how to reduce the photo size in the camera at the time of the shot or during the attachment phase.
The photo content of all of the contributers is incredible! The size of the photo makes one feel that you are looking through a microscope!

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #2  
I would say that 99% of them are fine.

I only see a few that are to big.

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #3  
This is one of my favorite forums as I am a tractor owner but in opening 99% of any attached photos, they take quite a long time to open and generally consume three times my monitor screen, macro photography. Is there any way for the forum to downsize these huge photos-I don't think the photographers in most cases know how to reduce the photo size in the camera at the time of the shot or during the attachment phase.
The photo content of all of the contributers is incredible! The size of the photo makes one feel that you are looking through a microscope!
Are you on dial-up, per chance?

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #4  

Especially if you are stuck with dial-up! (I don't have any choice)

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #5  
Unnecessarily large photo size is a reasonable concern even with DSL and a 24" monitor.

Here's an example I just encountered. At 650k it's not slow downloading, but the 2048 x 1536 size is ... politely put, unnecessary. It won't fit on a 24" monitor (1920 x 1200) and I expect few readers routinely read TBN on hi-rez home theater screens.

I tried scaling that photo down to 5%, to the size of our atavar photos, and it conveyed what the poster was trying to show better at that size because you don't need to scroll around to see what he is talking about.

Sure, Mozilla will scale it automatically to fit whatever sized display you have. But this photo illustrates that it is pointless to shove a giant photo down the wire then have the receiver's browser shrink it for display.

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #6  
It is a real pita if you ask me & i,m on dsl . This is the only site I belong to where most people dont resize the pics properlly . On our cameras we just set the camera for the forum friendly size .

I dont know if People dont realize you can do that. or just to busy to. :rolleyes: . Bob

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #7  
I dont know if People dont realize you can do that. or just to busy to. :rolleyes: . Bob
IMO, it's because people don't know. I get emails and calls from people to assist them with their 'slow' PowerPoint slide shows. 99 times out of 100 it's because they copied pictures right out of their camera.

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments
Yes, we live in a fairly remote area and our next year's building site is even more remote so we have to contend with a dial up connection.

/ Please limit the size of photo attachments #9  
Yes, we live in a fairly remote area and our next year's building site is even more remote so we have to contend with a dial up connection.

Dialup is Definatlly no fun . I just recentlly got dsl & before I did I couldn,t look at 90% of the threads here that had pics posted. it would just freeze My puter. :eek:

I dont know if will help anyone. But on Our digital cameras I just go to menu , click image quality & set it at 640x480 & I dont have to resize anything . Just a thought . :D . Bob