Looking at pictures.

/ Looking at pictures. #1  

J_J

Super Star Member
Tractor
Power-Trac 1445, KUBOTA B-9200HST
Is there some reason that the old program routine of looking at pictures, can not be used. The current way is bad. You click on a picture, and when you return, you are somewhere else on the page. Some have suggested to open in another page. That is not the answer, it's just a work around. The old way worked good before, so why go back to what worked good. One click to look/open, and one click back to where you were.

My thread display mode is still shifting all by itself. If it's my computer that is doing this, just what would cause that? I have reset the cookies many times, and re-logged in many times, etc. What else can I do. I have sent copies of the page showing the Hybrid mode display. My edit option thread display mode is still set correctly. You have answered one email, but other than that , nothing.

Any helpful suggestions would be appreciated.

/ Looking at pictures. #2  
Mine does the same thing. It is annoying.
My wrist is gettin' tired from dragging the screen all of the time. :D

/ Looking at pictures. #3  
Mine does the same thing.

It seems to me that it's only on new posts... If i go to a old thread it doesn't do that.

/ Looking at pictures. #4  
If you hold down the shift button while clicking on a pic it opens the pic in a new window. When done go to top right corner to close and it brings you back to the post that had the pic instead of somewhere else.

/ Looking at pictures. #5  
This has been discussed on and off for at least a year now...I don't think the are going to change anything.

The best workaround is to right-click then select open new tab/window.

/ Looking at pictures. #7  
This has been discussed on and off for at least a year now...I don't think the are going to change anything.

The best workaround is to right-click then select open new tab/window.

If using Firefox (any computer), or Safari (Mac), and you have a mouse with a scroll-wheel, or a 3rd button, just click the scroll wheel, or middle button, and it will open the picture in a new tab.

/ Looking at pictures. #8  
If using Firefox (any computer), or Safari (Mac), and you have a mouse with a scroll-wheel, or a 3rd button, just click the scroll wheel, or middle button, and it will open the picture in a new tab.

That's what I do a lot of the time. If there is just one pic I may open it in the current tab (I use Firefox). I think the issue is the way TBN's vBulletin software is set up. It automatically takes you to the newest post in a thread and when you go back from viewing a picture it dumps you where you first entered the thread. That's really irritating when the picture is somewhere else in the thread than from where you started. Sometimes I like going to the newest post automatically, but most times it just annoys me. Every other forum I go to that uses the vBulletin software doesn't do that. Instead, there is usually a little arrow by the thread title that you can click on to take you to the new posts in a thread. I REALLY wish TBN was set up the same way. I know I can click the first page in a thread, but that is not a good workaround. Sometimes if I click the title of a thread I haven't even read I am dumped somewhere in the middle. It gets old quite fast.

/ Looking at pictures. #9  
I like automatically going to the first unread post.

Like the others have said, upgrade to Firefox. then your a single mouse click from opening the pic on a new tab.

/ Looking at pictures. #10  

This also works in Explorer. Just tried it.:D

Mark