Reputation Points?

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Reputation Points? #11  
No problem... I appreciate the feedback... I guess it was about a 10% chance and when I got a bunch of PMs and replies here, that chance when down to about 0%. :)

/ Reputation Points? #12  
Hi Guys,

No worries... we aren't implementing reputation points or any other post rating features. I was only testing it for about five minutes and only in one forum. Didn't think anybody would notice. :p ;)

Sometimes it would be nice to give a post a "thumbs up" ........

/ Reputation Points? #13  
It would be nice to remove the number of total post there are certain people on here that just post to see the number go up with no real input.

/ Reputation Points? #15  
Do you really want to rate your members and turn TBN into a competitive contest instead of a friendly family forum?

Someone with Orange would have more points than someone with Blue so would this make this person better to tell you what type of oil to use or would it just create more animosity toward others?

TBN is fine like it is without grading it's members to make some superior over the inferiors.

tallyho8: I agree that most sites with Rep turn into a P****** match of tit for tat, but from my understanding it sounds like there can be no negative rep, only + rep. so that would eliminate most of the games that get played.

Sort of like my mom said" If you dont have anything good to say, than dont say anything":D

And most sites give the users the option of not displaying their Rep level as well.

The thing that keeps me coming to TBN is its pure simplicity.

I like the free form ideas, the unlcluttered posts and the non-teathered nature to the new social networking that builds linking with reputations, scoring and profiling.

Some people I know have a hard enough time with the text graphics and fonts introduced. :)

No thanks, I opt for simple.

I've been on other sites with rep points - and the value was minimal. Some guys end up gaming the system by flooding the site with messages to get more points, others formed "rep point alliances" to back-slap each other with points all the time, and others used the negative points to punish points of view they disagreed with or people they just didn't like.

I too vote for the "keep it simple" approach. In my experience - the value just isn't there with rep points.

S1
1*I think It's a perfect way to ruin TBN.
2*I don't really have a right to judge grade anybodys advice infirmation .
The person making the post don't owe me anything so that wipes out any right I might have to judge.

/ Reputation Points? #16  
It would be nice to remove the number of total post there are certain people on here that just post to see the number go up with no real input.

Can I take guess? Never mind-it will only get me in trouble:p

/ Reputation Points? #17  
Can I take guess? Never mind-it will only get me in trouble:p

Ditto :D .

I just wonder how much server space the extra huge pics & then theres the Multi quotes with a one or 2 liner comment & fancy signatures take up. Especially when there animated .

Just curious . :D . Bob

/ Reputation Points? #18  
Don't need no stinking judges.

Status
Not open for further replies.