annoying redirect

/ annoying redirect
You may use the noscript plugin with firefox to disable that popup if you'd like.

again...it is not about my browser...it's about directing non members away from what they searched for...

/ annoying redirect #12  
it's about directing non members away from what they searched for...

That's a reason for the "non-members" to become a member. :D

/ annoying redirect #13  
I'll look into this later today... I really can't remember but I don't think it's suppose to redirect you to the main page after closing.

As for the pop-up itself... it is cookie-based and set to display once per 365 days, only to visitors who aren't logged in. If you don't allow cookies, it will display on every page unless you have noscript enabled.

/ annoying redirect #14  
I'll look into this later today... I really can't remember but I don't think it's suppose to redirect you to the main page after closing.

As for the pop-up itself... it is cookie-based and set to display once per 365 days, only to visitors who aren't logged in. If you don't allow cookies, it will display on every page unless you have noscript enabled.

I just got it with Firefox 3.0.13 with no addons on Win 7 build 7100, I came from a google search with the address of kubota BX2660 - Google Search to the address of http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/kubota-owning-operating/130054-kubota-bx2660.html. I got a popup and said no to the popup and was redirected to the main page rather than to the thread. This happened at ~6:40PM eastern.

Aaron Z

/ annoying redirect #15  
Hate to drag this up again but I haven't been here in awhile and just noticed it. Glad to see that redirect thing was changed, that was a real PITN and was counter productive to what it was intended to do which was to increase membership I'm sure. We often hear stories from new members that said they lurked around in the background for X period of time before joining, which is probably the case with just about everyone, they want to see what the site is like before they take the time to join.

I have a family of 5 using this same PC and I keep the cookies off whenever possible just to help keep the machine from bogging down with to much temporary files etc. often times I want to come to the site just for a quick browse and don't want to log in. With that redirect it was impossible to do that.

That banner that pops up on every page is annoying but can be dealt with now, not sure how it might affect a newcomer though.

It's to bad this thread had to get a little ugly there, I think it was a legitimate gripe.

JB.