Deere Pop-Up Ads

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #11  
I am using Netscape 4.7 and I had problems with some of the reply buttons not working and also the continue button in the reply to window after I had gotten tangled in the deere pop down. I don't want to discourage anyone but I'm not really in the market for a tractor but I am buying implements.

Chris

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #12  
Yeah, I had that figured out.

I just went back and played with it for a minute, and if you slide the cursor up to the top of the ad, it'll close again. You just have to be careful about sliding down the ad. You need to slide the cursor straight left off of the ad to avoid having it open up again.

It's just a nuisance, that's all. The biggest problem is US. We're all just in too much of a hurry to spend a few seconds to figure out how things work. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #13  
I tried it being very careful NOT to run my cursor over the ad and still the buttons that would have been under the drop down ad did not work.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #14  
Which operating system are you using? We have tested in Netscape 4.7 and it works fine, on PC...

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #15  
I use ie but my shortcut is aimed directly to the threads and I bypass the homepage - I had to go to the homepage to see what y'all were talking about 'cause it wasn't showing up at all til I did. Bypassing the homepage bypasses the pop-up?? ?? huh??
mike

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #16  
I just wanted to answer some of the points that have been raised.

The ad is not a pop-up ad. It should not be any larger than the other banners on our site, unless you scroll over one of the four tabs (strength, stamina, simple, save $1,000). If the drop-downs are appearing without your mouse scrolling over them, then that is a technical issue. We have tested the ad in the browsers and platforms that make up about 95-97% of our traffic, and we resolved any display or functionality issues prior to the ad being displayed online.

If you can provide me with your operating system and browser version, that would help us further diagnose what might be causing the drop-down boxes to display without a mouse over, if that is the case.

This is our first test of this particular technology on TractorByNet.com, so your feedback on both the technical issues that may have come up for you, is appreciated.

Regards,

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #17  
Muhammad: I have tried from two systems. My PC running NT 4.0 and Netscape 4.7 and from my laptop running Windows 2000 and IE 5.0. Both work the same. Whenever the Deere Ad is up there, even if I have not cursored over it, none of the buttons that would be under the drop down if it had dropped down will work. The cursor does not even change to the little press-the-button hand, so it's as if the browsers are not recognizing the link as a link. I also have Netscape 4.7 on my Windows 2000 laptop but I can't get the Deere ad to show up at all. Does the Deere ad only come up in certain forums?

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #18  
Muhammad,

I just checked on my computer, and I've got the same problem that Bill has. Anything directly under the banner, i.e. Control Panel; Who's Online; User List; FAQ; and Logout do not activate when you point at them. Anything to the left of the banner does work.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #19  
Muhammad,
Is this ad from John Deere Corporate? If so I really hope they are reading here and respond to people like Bill and do something about their less than desirable dealer attitudes.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #20  
Bill,

We have tested on Windows 2000/NT with IE5 and it works fine... so I really don't know what to say to that. We've also tested on 2000/Netscape 4.79... and we have found that Netscape's rendering in 2000 is the same as NT, if not identical, so I doubt that would be the issue.

It would help if someone could provide me with a screen shot of how the page looks as soon as it loads, without moving the mouse anywhere near the ad. You can press the "Print Screen" button on your keyboard to take a screen shot, then paste that image into a photo/image program.

The ad is on a rotation throughout the forums and other parts of the site.