Deere Pop-Up Ads

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #21  
Richard,

Yes, John Deere is the advertiser. But we can't expect everything to happen at once. What you mention might be possible in the future...

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #22  
I am having the same problem with the thread options after the john deere ad pops up. I am running Windows 2000 Professional, Service Pack 2 with Mozilla 1.0.
The screen looks normal before and after the pop up, but the links no longer respond. I have to reload the page to be able to flatten a thread.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #23  
Muhammad, I have the same thing happening in Windows ME, using Netscape 6.2. When I get the add using Internet explorer 5.5, the links under the banner work normally.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #24  
Hmm, I have some ideas now... should be able to correct this. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #25  
I'm using ME and IE 5.50, or so I think. When the ad drops down, it is harder than usual to get to the Index/Search/Control Panel etc. But when I put the mouse pointer at Main Index and run horizontal, the ad pops back to original and I can click on the other options.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads
Muhammad,

Sorry to misspell your name in my original post.

The Kubota ad now appearing at the top doesn't expand when you move the cursor across, so I now know the difference between a banner and a "sticky drop down" (I thought sticky drop down was what the darn birds left on my tractor seat in the barn). Moving the cursor off to the side does reduce the drop down and so it isn't a real problem for me...but then it's not locking up my buttons either (I've got Windows XP and AOL 7.0).

I wonder what proportion of users are shopping for new tractors or for implements/parts etc? or which topics they frequent. Might let you target where the drop downs run.

Thanks for the fast answers. Keep up the great work.

Chas

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #27  
Come on guys.........

I am sure we can put up with a teeny weeny bit of annoyance on this site if it means keeping it free for all of us.

I think BIG M. has done a top job thus far, and we need to ensure he can keep the quality up.

If this means the occasional annoying add, that is fine with me.

Cheers

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #28  
tm2.gif

Hi Muhammad,

One of the problems may be... if a user "happens" to have their "mouse cursor" pre-positioned" over the JD ad (inadvertantly...), while waiting for the page to open... then of course the ad window pops opens automatically and waits for the user to do the "next step"...

You may want to try "timing" the ad out after say 5 seconds or so, if no response by the user... /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

18-35196-JDMFWDSigJFM.JPG

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #29  
I agree with Neil. I don't mind this ad popping up. It immediately draws my attention to something that I might not have clicked on and I just might be interested in the product or service. What's good, at least for me, is I move my mouse and the ad disappears. No problems on my end.

/ Deere Pop-Up Ads #30  
Muhammad,
I've attached a screen shot from my system. Running Netscape Communicator 4.79, Windows ME. I'm experiencing the same problem as Bill and Garry have. None of the normal TBN menu items, even with the Deere ad in the retracted position, that are where they WOULD be covered IF the Deere ad were expanded, will work. The mouse pointer does not change from the pointer to the selection hand. This includes the commands Control Panel / Who's Online / User List / FAQ / Logout, Previous Index Next Flat Threaded as well as the Favorite, Print Thread and Reply links on the first post. If you need any further information, drop me an email.

Hoss

Attachments

• 18-166728-tbnscreenshot.jpg
    18-166728-tbnscreenshot.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 56