How to Read

/ How to Read #1  

RobS

Tractor
None!
OK, I know how to read... just looking for the best way to use this board. Most other boards I frequent (including CTB) have a feature to only read the newest posts (last 24 hours etc.). Is there an easy way to do that on this board? I usually click on the 24 hours screen but that does not show the post text, only the titles. Can you go to a flat display from that screen? Am I missing something? BTW, thanks to all the great advice on this board and CTB I've been extremely happy with my recent tractor purchase. Thanks, Rob.

/ How to Read #2  
Rob,
Have you tried the last 48 hours & past 7 days also main index.

It took me a while to get a handle,for I'm not a computer wiz by any means./w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Take care and stay /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Thomas..NH

/ How to Read
Yes, that's how I usually read the board. But to actually read a post it's another click and if you want to follow that thread (or recent posts to it) it's more clicks, then more to get back to the 24 hour list. Not a big deal, just takes more time. I like the "chat" button on CTB. With that I get all the recent posts on one long screen. I can read the relevant ones and scroll through the ones I don't have an interest in. Thanks for the suggestion, Rob.

/ How to Read #4  
Rob,

We currently have 24/48 hour/7 day checks from the main index. Those links go directly to the message linked, like a search. We are currently developing new methods of showing new posts, both in the past 24/48 hours/7 days, and also since your last login. We took a lot of feedback in on this issue and with that we hope to create those features to work as many users suggested.

As for the "best" way to read... well since I usually like to read every message on the forum, I just visit the forums with "new" messages... if you are logged in, it will show the # of new posts in a specific forum since your last login on the main index. Then, go into the forum, and you'll see the threads marked as new with yellow folders and a "new" image to the right of the # of replies. Ideal/default is collapsed view and flat view, which you can set in your display preferences under edit profile.

Thanks...

msig.gif