what happen to my classified add

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / what happen to my classified add #1  

z0lt3c

Silver Member
Tractor
2020 Kubota BX2380
it has seemed to disappear and I can no longer login to the classified section???

what givess?? Why is posting a classified add sooo difficult on this forum.

/ what happen to my classified add #2  
I dont believe they are allowed here unless you are a sponsored seller.I could be wrong LOL

/ what happen to my classified add #4  
it has seemed to disappear and I can no longer login to the classified section???

what givess?? Why is posting a classified add sooo difficult on this forum.

You need to PM Muhammad for help with this. The forum moderators have no control over the Classifieds section. Hope that helps. ;)

/ what happen to my classified add #5  
We recently closed our public classified section due to extensive abuse. We felt that there was too great a risk of people getting scammed.

We have switched to a dealer-only section where all sellers are screened and verified as real dealers.

/ what happen to my classified add #6  
We recently closed our public classified section due to extensive abuse. We felt that there was too great a risk of people getting scammed.

We have switched to a dealer-only section where all sellers are screened and verified as real dealers.

So then as public we just create a post if we have something for sale??

/ what happen to my classified add #7  

Hmmmm.... I guess that explains why after I crafted a classified over the weekend, submitted it, and even got TBN confirmation, it never appeared in the Classifieds section. Perhaps it might be appropriate for the Admins to consider posting a "banner announcement" regarding the change, and/or block us non-paying non-commercial folks from accessing the Classified posting area. I had sent an inquiry when I didn't see my ad, but that too may have gone to the black hole of Calcutta.

Sincere apologies if a general announcement was made and I missed it.

/ what happen to my classified add
I don't think you missed any announcement because I don't think anywhere made. Not only was the user base NOT told the classified section was closing, but also all our adds where lost w/o warning and w/o time to backup.

I had distributed my classified add URL in all my craigslists and other forum adds, I had spent a few hours developing the content for that add and prepping the pictures. I had over 1000 hits on that add.

Even as a free service, is shows very poor judgement, on behalf of your user community, to terminate a service like this w/o warning or amble notice. This is a great forum but this situation leaves a very bad taste in my mouth. How come hundreds of other forums seems to have found way to support legitimate personal classified add, but this one cannot?

Maybe we need some better forum administrators here.

/ what happen to my classified add #9  
Perhaps it would be useful to add a "For sale" forum and restrict it to those with more than (for example) 30 posts. Some other things that might be useful (for that forum) would be to make so that there is no time limit for editing your posts and and so that you can go back and delete the post when the item has sold.
That is what I have seen on some other boards I frequent and should serve to keep out most scammers while integrating nicely with the current boards.

Aaron Z

/ what happen to my classified add #10  
What's the link to this section and does this mean that all members who are not dealers are forbidden to advertise there?
So then as a part of the public do we just create a post if we have something for sale??
I take it that since we aren't real dealers we aren't allowed to mention that we have something for sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.