Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying?

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #21  
Actually I took a look at the ad source last weekend to see if I could figure out what was going on. In the course of researching, it looks like the ad was generated with MacroMedia Fireworks. Many of the javascript function names begin with MM_ and match function names listed on the MacroMedia website. So actually this is probably more a MacroMedia issue. It would be interesting to know if the people who created the ad have actually tried to contact MacroMedia. I saw no listings on their tech support describing a similar problem.

Damon
Java Programmer/w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #22  
I think I started the earlier "winge" though not intending to whine. I agree someone has to pay the bills. But I wonder what proportion of TBN-ers are actually in the market for new tractors, as opposed to trying to come up with uses to justify the expensive one we've already got? Maybe if you include the unregistered and the lurkers, who might on balance include more not-yet-owners, the audience for the ad is higher than one might think at first. Muhammad, I hope you're well paid for it as a result.

Chas

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #23  
It was not my intent to offend, brantley. I apologize if I did.

I still don't like Java, though.

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #25  
Well, I had gotten use to the ad, and found that it was not really a bother. I was happy to put up with it because it was helping support TBN.

But it looks like something is being done about it. I just noticed that it's not at the top of the page today. Don't know how long it's been gone.

Is this just temporary until fixed, or has it been pulled permanently?

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #26  
My understanding is that the ad, offering the $1,000 off coupon, was a special deal just for the month of July.

'Tis August now.
wink.gif

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #27  
Oh./w3tcompact/icons/hmm.gif

O.K./w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

Makes sense now. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Thanks /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #28  
I have no problem paying to belong to TBN. If there were ever a WEB page that I would support it would be his site.

Regarding the pull down add, I'll give Mohammed $25 just to take that JD commercial off the page. I think it is irritating. And I own a John Deere!

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #29  
Ding, Dong the witch is dead!/w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ Anyone else find the JD ad a little annoying? #30  
Yeah, but when will she be resurrected?? /w3tcompact/icons/shocked.gif