TBN Server News

/ TBN Server News #1  

Ibrahim

Administrator
Tractor
My CPU is a neural net processor.
Howdy TBNers!

Well, it seems no matter how big something is, we somehow manage to outgrow it. But, fortunately, we take a little bit of time so there are even BIGGER things out when it comes time to move.

That's right, Tractorbynet.com is moving! Of course, you won't notice. We're going to sneak in while you sleep and just slip new chairs and floors under you guys so when you wake up it'll look just like the old TBN... with less waiting at the door, so to speak.

We're upgrading our servers, and it's been long overdue. But the end of the year is a good time to do it as things slow down.

We don't anticipate any downtime, but we can't promise anything. So while nothing will change for a few more days, sometime in the next week we'll be flipping the switch and there will be new TBN servers.

We'll be monitoring the new servers to see if they can handle all the TBN traffic. I'm confident they can, and our sysadmin is confident they will be able to. But until we flip the switch, we won't know for sure. (I guess it's like who wants to be the first to drive over a brand new suspension bridge.)

For those of you who are interested, we're moving to a server with the following specs:

Dual Xeon 5520 (Quad Cores... so that means 8 total cores)
12GB RAM
2 x 1TB RAID1 Harddrive
1 x 64GB SSD Harddrive

Doesn't seem like much, but it's a huge step up over what we currently have. Which I won't quote because it's a wonder it can even run what we have here.

Anyway, that's the heads up.

-Ibrahim

/ TBN Server News #2  
Great news! Hopefully all the servers errors will disappear with the old server!

/ TBN Server News #3  
Like the old ad.."You come along way baby" ;) since late 90's. :)

/ TBN Server News
We've moved the servers.

As always with our moves, keep an eye out for any errors or problems and post them here if you see any!

But we all hope the problems are cleared up for everyone!

-Ibrahim

/ TBN Server News #9  
It's much faster. I just completed a full forum search in 0.4 seconds... which previously would take about 30 seconds (on a good day). :)

/ TBN Server News #10  
I've been getting allot of error messages the last couple of days, inclulding one this morning. I guess that's just part of the move.

Thanks for your constant work at making the site better!!!

Eddie