Registered Users

/ Registered Users #1  

MChalkley

Elite Member
Tractor
EarthForce EF-5 mini-TLB (2001)
Well, I see we're up to 497 registered users now - I wonder who will be number 500?

/ Registered Users #2  
Five hundred will be something of a mile stone. I guess it's all right, as long as we're not expected to defend a pass in ancient Greece. I want to be around to get some more use out of my tractor.

/ Registered Users #3  
How do you find out how many users there are? What is the current count?

/ Registered Users #4  
Right now 555 registered users, you can see that number on the main index, upper left side of the screen.

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Registered Users
So Muhammad (I'm checking to see if I'm really in the "penalty box") - what is TractorByNet (I see you didn't change the logo /w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif) planning now? Any big changes coming up? What kind of celebration are we planning when we hit 1000 registered users?

Mark

/ Registered Users
Another thing: How much trouble would it be to have a 'Last x hours' link that would show you the messages in the last x hours, with x being a profile-set field? Lot's of times, I just want to see the messages from the last 4 or so hours...

Mark

/ Registered Users #7  
Gee, questions, questions! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

The logo will be changed when we redesign the site (soon, I can say). Along with the redesign will come some changes. A new dealer locator, new review archive, possibly changes to the classifieds section. Plus, some other changes are on the way, but I won't spill those out just yet. /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif Just about the only thing that isn’t planned to be changed much will be this forum – of course the feature changes I have been talking about.

Well, I haven't really thought about a celebration for 1,000 registered users. Any ideas?

As for your other question, like I said earlier, changes are coming to the entire new messages searching features. But I like your suggestion. Such searches might be configurable on a per category basis, so you could search for new messages posted in the past 6 hours to the Kubota forum only. Or, Ford/New Holland, or John Deere, or Off Topic, etc…

About a day into this new forum I realized that 24 hours would be too much for some frequent checkers. I am thinking about past hour, past 6 hours, past 12, and past 24. Does that sound alright?

<font color=blue>>></font color=blue>Muhammad
<font color=blue>Forum Master</font color=blue>

/ Registered Users
I really like the idea of the more recent new message checks. Thanks!

Mark

/ Registered Users #10  
Muhammad:
Have you had any input about, having a chat channel attached to the site? If you recieve postive input from other registered users. then what are the chances of getting one?

Cowboy