None Tractor topic (about website)

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
Any I.T. people here?
Has anyone else had issue with this website slowing down your computer?
almost from day 1 of signing up on TBN it has been slow to navigate around this website, actually when I first discovered this site and before signing up it would take close to a minute to move from page to page almost like it would hang/freeze up, then suddenly it would load the page,
When I did sign up the speed got much better
the pages would load in half the time, However! it is still slower than browsing other websites I go to, I am on the low end speed of DSL which is usually fast enough for all other sites, it just seems to be this site that hangs and slows down.
a lot of times I find myself closing this site and re-logging in is faster then waiting to go back,
Just wondering if anyone else experiences this? or is it just me:cool:
or could my computer stand some improvement? I do clean out the temp files ofton.
My PC currently has 2.66 mhz speed with 1 gig ram memory,
as i said I fly right thru other websites with no problems:confused:

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #2  
It is your computer, I had similar problems awhile back and thought it was the site but it is not.

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #3  
Hi Deepndirt,

I have been having the SAME EXACT problem. :( Argh. It has only started about a couple of months ago. I joined over a year ago and this website was always going super fast.

It has gotten so bad that I find my self not coming here as often as I used to. And my browsing of the site has gone way down because like you said it take a few minutes for a page to load. All other websites go super fast, so I would believe it is something wrong by tractorbynet

Hopefully there is a fix coming

Thanks,
BILL

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #4  
Jenkinsph: I have had this issue over the last few months on 4 different computers. (All with high-speed internet connects. 2 at work and 2 at home)

By that obeservation, I would think it the website ??

How did you fix your problem?

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #5  
Sounds like a question for our fellow member RadarTech

/ None Tractor topic (about website)
Thanks Mods for moving this to the correct forum, I was lost to where this topic should have been, and now that I found it I now realize and can read that this has been an on going issue for some of us.....
is it in fact the DLS speed connection? I had a test performed and the results are, 1310/1.31 mb. (download )
297 /.30 mb ( Upload )

to me this looks rather of a low score:confused:

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #7  
I wonder if it has anything to do with the "Ads" at the top of the pages. I notice that my page ALWAYS hangs until the "Ads" are loaded. Once the Ads are loading the rest of the page is Instant.

I get the top bar that says "TractorByNet.com" with the "Home, Discussions, Photes, Reviews, Classifieds, Dealers, Store, etc" tabs on the top of the screen and then the page will freeze for a few seconds to upto minutes. Like I said, it seems to be getting stuck on the "Ads" because once they load...WHAM...the rest of the page is there.

I hate to say it, but this performance is making it very difficult to use the site :(. This is the ONLY webpage that performs this way for me. All other websites are close to instant. (I am on a corporate network right now that is blazing fast)

My observations,
BILL

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #8  
Have you read Is TBN slow today or just me?, specifically Muhammad's post #7 in that thread in which he says:
If pages are loading slowly, check all the way at the bottom for the loading time, like this:

Page generated in 0.07270 seconds

If this number is high, then it's a problem on our end. If it's low, then generally speaking it's an issue with routing/internet traffic.

TBN is not slow for me. In fact it's faster than a number of other sites I visit.

/ None Tractor topic (about website) #9  
I've had this problem on other forums, not this one. It did end up being slow ad servers. I ended up using an ad blocking extension in firefox to fix it. In general i don't use ad blockers- the ads keep the site in business and if I have an interest in the site- the ads interest me as well. However, I had stopped going to the site due to the slow nature and the ad block fixed this.

/ None Tractor topic (about website)
Have you read Is TBN slow today or just me?, specifically Muhammad's post #7 in that thread in which he says:

TBN is not slow for me. In fact it's faster than a number of other sites I visit.

OK, I closed off then back on again and looked to the bottom,
the no# read---> 0.08280 well higher then the " 0.07270 " you have post.
I tried a 2nd time and was 0.08494 even higher than before
so is this partly the site issue?