Political Correctness on TBN?

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #1  

mcd176

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota M6800HD / Kubota B2150
Is it just me or have others noticed alot of people mentioning in the threads that posts have been removed due to brand bashing, argumentive type posts and one I saw was due to a stick figure sticker?

I realize members can't post curse words or things of that nature but come on TBN where is our free speech, are we going to be like Ebay soon and not be allowed to discuss firearms or things that aren't all warm and fuzzy?

Just my .02 worth, This thread will probably be removed as well :mad:

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #2  
MCD-

Ix-na on the oublemaking-Tra our you'll get us all in the ooler-ca.

apiche-Ca?

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #3  
Too much censorship in this world. I agree 100%.

Chris

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #4  
At a minimum, this thread will be moved, if not deleted. The owners of this site, along with their moderators, exercise policies as they see fit. We live & play in their world, and pretty much adapt to what happens, or move on. There is a current thread in the UTV forum that has had at least 3 posts deleted without comment, as they were critical of a newly returned member who is also a source of advertising revenue for the site. I notice more and more of this type of activity and it is somewhat troublesome. Those that pack up & leave are replaced tenfold, I'm sure.

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #5  
Count me in as one that doesn't like what I say being c******ed. ...& don't say anything bad about kaboota, either.

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #6  
Count me in as one that doesn't like what I say being c******ed. ...& don't say anything bad about kaboota, either.
We'll see what happens to post counts; 997... anyone else feel crosshairs on the back of their neck?

Last edited:
   / Political Correctness on TBN? #7  
I have had one of my threads removed and then i have a pm that lied about the situation. People(often people with vast experience) are leaving this site over the censorship and other things. I will probably be banned for this comment. but Oh well. Truth is Truth. it would be nice if the administrators of this site would man up and admit the errors and apologize, and get on with the site.

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #8  
i haven't been here long but have had a post or two removed. I agree that they can be too strict. i know of a few that have left who had some really great input. but i also have to admit that this is one of my fav. sites to visit. and i would hate to be banned.
I do think that we are adults and should be free to talk as we wish and those who don't like the topic should choose not to read as no one is making them stay or read post they don't agree with.
Brian

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #9  
The owner of this site provides us with a great place to discuss tractors and related topics. He runs this site, and we get to use it at no cost to us. It is his right to control the content of this site any way he sees fit.

I happen to think it's refreshing to visit a site and not have to be concerned with members bashing each other over politics and other issues. If a post is removed once in a while, what's the big deal? If you're visiting someone else's site, you have to follow the rules that are established for that site. Even free speech has it limits. Is it OK to yell "FIre!" in a crowded movie theatre?

/ Political Correctness on TBN? #10  
Well guys here's the way I see it.

#1 we pay nothing to participate in this forum..So the owners/moderators can regulate what is said here..Can't say what you want at work either. It's their business and can regulate it any way that they see fit.

#2 I've gone on some brand specific rants but i stayed on subject and they were never deleted. If you wander off into the abyss or make really personal attacks they will be deleted, and rightfully so.

I've had one deleted when a sponser picked a fight and I responded to him with a non personal response. it was deleted to protect the sponser. Didn't like it, but I do understand it.

BTW---I'm the least PC person that you'll ever meet...However, there's a time and place for everything.