TBN Redesign Coming Soon!

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #21  
"..resized to 400 pixels wide.." but what about the file size? If someone uploads a very large file size, TBN will resize the photo down but most likely not reduce the actual bit size, is that correct?

Last edited:
   / TBN Redesign Coming Soon!
"..resized to 400 pixels wide.." but what about the file size? If someone uploads a very large file size, your TBN will resize the photo down but most likely not reduce the actual bit size, is that correct?

This actually doesn't have anything to do with photos that are attached. Let me explain.

Situation #1: Photo is attached to a post. In this case, the file size limit is 1mb, but that's not all that important since the photo is displayed with the post as a thumbnail only by default. You have to click to see and download the full size image.

Situation #2: Photo is embedded into a post using the IMG tag (or clicking the insert image button in the message posting editor). In this case, the image is in most cases uploaded to a different website and the member is merely posting it to TBN. In this case, we cannot resize the actual file since it is not attached to the post. What we are doing now is automatically resizing the image down to a maximum of 400 pixels (or whatever you specify in your user options) for easier viewing.

The only way to prevent large files from being referenced in threads would be to disable the IMG tag altogether, and that's something we'd rather not do since a lot of people use it correctly.

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #23  
I appreciate this site and your hard work. The new "look" is great.

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #24  
lookin good so far!

soundguy

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #25  
Nice job guys....

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #26  
I hate change, but I finally found where "My Home" moved to. I'll get used to it and then it will be normal for me. Good job and keep up the good work.

One question. Is it possible to put the line of links where "My Home" is located at the bottom of the page as well as the top? I spend a lot of time scrolling back to the top of the page after reading a post to recheck new threads via "My Home" or "Since My Last Visit". Maybe just below the "Forum Jump" link.

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #27  
Yep, Your great job with the site just keeps gettin' better.:cool: Thanks...Dan.

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #29  
I don't know WHEN they went away, but I no longer get e-mail notification of threads that I am (supposedly) subscribed to.
I have checked the settings, instantaneous e-mail notification is still set.

Is this an effect of the upgrade/update ?
If so, no problem, I can wait until it is fixed for everyone else.
In the mean time, I just go to the list of threads I am subscribed to and check it manually.

Ahhh, just looking lower down on THIS page as I type - in "Additional Options" notification type is set to instant e-mail notification, so that is still the default setting for threads that I respond to ("contribute" to ?) whatever the term is.

/ TBN Redesign Coming Soon! #30  
I havn't gotten them for years. I take that back.. I ONCE saw one.. but none others.. ever..

I suspect my internet provider don't like the boards domain or sumthing..

soundguy

I don't know WHEN they went away, but I no longer get e-mail notification of threads that I am (supposedly) subscribed to.
I have checked the settings, instantaneous e-mail notification is still set.

Is this an effect of the upgrade/update ?
If so, no problem, I can wait until it is fixed for everyone else.
In the mean time, I just go to the list of threads I am subscribed to and check it manually.

Ahhh, just looking lower down on THIS page as I type - in "Additional Options" notification type is set to instant e-mail notification, so that is still the default setting for threads that I respond to ("contribute" to ?) whatever the term is.