Lots Of Tractor Folks out there

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
2 days ago I noticed there were 74,499 registered users on this site and wondered how long it would take to push that number on to 74,500 ?
and the very next time I longed in which was about 1 hour later I noticed the numbers had changed to 74,506.... and now 2 days later it stands at 74,564
I estimate 25 members join each day...:thumbsup: I find this truly amazing
because I am also a member of one of the largest car club sites on the web
( Moparts )and there we stand at 18,149 members...... so this tells us that Tractors are the No#1 interest in the WWW :D
just thought I'd mention this ;)

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #2  
..... so this tells us that Tractors are the No#1 interest in the WWW :D

One small correction....TBN is the No#1 place on WWW to discuss tractors. :thumbsup: I imagine, in total, there are more people on the Internet interested in discussing MOPARs versus tractors but they are spread out over multiple sites. Not so with tractors. TBN is the place to discuss tractors. As the theme song to an old James Bond movie went, "Nobody does it better.". :D

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #3  
MikePA.
""Nobody does it better."

Or..Eagles,Hotel California,"You can check out but you can never leave" ;)

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #4  
After being around here for 10-12 years(at least a couple years before my signature line indicates), I would mostly agree. This is pretty much the best site in general. As much as I like it here, there are a couple of other sites I look at for antique stuff. I wouldn't say they compete in any way with TBN though...

Otherwise, the other general tractor sites just have not matched TBN One or two seemed to give it competition some years ago, but only for a short time.

I assume, when you talk Mopars, you talk about winged warriors and 440 six-packs, and the days of real stock cars :D And, movies like "Vanishing Point" :D

One small correction....TBN is the No#1 place on WWW to discuss tractors. :thumbsup: I imagine, in total, there are more people on the Internet interested in discussing MOPARs versus tractors but they are spread out over multiple sites. Not so with tractors. TBN is the place to discuss tractors. As the theme song to an old James Bond movie went, "Nobody does it better.". :D

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #5  
This is the BEST site for anything tractor related, but as with all other forums, there's usually WAY MORE registered users than there are actual daily users. What I mean is that even though it may show 77k registered names, there's probably less than 500 loyal users that post on a regular basis. Often people will register for one purpose/event (like tractor won't start) but once they do get it started, you never hear from them again. That's just the way it is.

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #6  
This is the BEST site for anything tractor related, but as with all other forums, there's usually WAY MORE registered users than there are actual daily users. What I mean is that even though it may show 77k registered names, there's probably less than 500 loyal users that post on a regular basis. Often people will register for one purpose/event (like tractor won't start) but once they do get it started, you never hear from them again. That's just the way it is.

Well, I think I'm here to stay. I like this site. I like the layout it has...it's easy to follow and use. I've looked at a couple of other sites and could not follow the threads. Maybe it was just because I wasn't registered, but non the less, this works for me.

It suprised me the other day when I noticed that I was comming up on 1K posts since November. Didn't realize just how much time I spend here.

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #7  
"It suprised me the other day when I noticed that I was comming up on 1K posts since November. Didn't realize just how much time I spend here."

LOL, ask my wife, she'll tell you how much time I'm here!

Become a daily routine to me, I like to jump in whenever I think I can help out
, mainly because the site has saved me lots of time and provided priceless info.

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #8  

Yeah, that's generally true but it's a lot more than 500 here. :thumbsup:

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there
Yeah, that's generally true but it's a lot more than 500 here. :thumbsup:

So true... I bet I've turned on 500 folks to this site alone, just by spreading the word,:D when tractor talk comes up in conversation I ask them have they checked out TBN and surprised to find out not many even know of this forum:cool: half of the old dudes dont even have a PC much less a Internet, and the other half of them set back and read and have not join up yet;)

/ Lots Of Tractor Folks out there #10  

It sure looks that way when you scroll thru the Member List. The vast majority have only 5 posts or less. 'Course just because they aren't talking doesn't mean they aren't listening.