Got to ask this about Fun Folks?

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks? #1  

deepNdirt

Veteran Member
Tractor
yanmar YM-1700
I am a member of many Old classic car forums, and most if not all have a section of Fun, just a simple Joke thread, I know some do get little perverted at times and the admin has to delete it, I think most of the Folks here even though try to come across as Hard nose and directly to the point kind of person, They too even have a hidden humor side to them :D from time to time I like to read a good clean joke, Heck! i think the farmers invented the first joke, remember about the " Farmers and his Wife " classic..... My Grandpa was an old farmer and he really let the jokes fling, However he was also a retired Navy captain so Hard noses and humor can happen:thumbsup:
I'm just curious as to why there is not such thread here?

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks? #2  
I am a member of many Old classic car forums, and most if not all have a section of Fun, just a simple Joke thread, I know some do get little perverted at times and the admin has to delete it, I think most of the Folks here even though try to come across as Hard nose and directly to the point kind of person, They too even have a hidden humor side to them :D from time to time I like to read a good clean joke, Heck! i think the farmers invented the first joke, remember about the " Farmers and his Wife " classic..... My Grandpa was an old farmer and he really let the jokes fling, However he was also a retired Navy captain so Hard noses and humor can happen:thumbsup:
I'm just curious as to why there is not such thread here?

Hey Deep as a fellow Georgian I want to be sure I know what you mean...Is this what you mean...just as an example...just asking mind you...?
> ten roosters,
> whose job was to fertilize the eggs.
>
> The farmer kept records and any rooster that didn't perform
> went into
> the soup pot and was replaced. That took an awful lot of
> his time so he
> bought a set of tiny bells and attached them to his
> roosters. Each bell
> had a different tone so John could tell from a distance,
> which rooster
> was performing. Now he could sit on the porch and fill out
> an efficiency
> report simply by listening to the bells. The farmer's
> favorite rooster
> was old Butch, and a very fine specimen he was, too. But on
> this
> particular morning John noticed old Butch's bell hadn't
> rung at all!
>
> John went to investigate. The other roosters were chasing
> pullets,
> bells-a-ringing. The pullets, hearing the roosters coming,
> would run for
> cover. But to Farmer John's amazement, Butch had his bell
> in his beak,
> so it couldn't ring. He'd sneak up on a pullet, do his job
> and walk on
> to the next one. John was so proud of Butch, he entered him
> in the Boone
> County Fair and Butch became an overnight sensation among
> the judges.
>
> The result... The judges not only awarded Butch the No Bell
> Piece Prize
> but they also awarded him the Pulletsurprise as well.
> Clearly Butch was
> a politician in the making: who else but a politician could
> figure out
> how to win two of the most highly coveted awards on our
> planet by being
> the best at sneaking up on the populace and screwing them
> when they
> weren't paying attention?:laughing::thumbsup:

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks?
:drink: something like that :D

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks? #5  
I know some do get little perverted at times and the admin has to delete it... I'm just curious as to why there is not such thread here?
I think you answered your own question. No matter what the rules are, sadly there are people who push the limits with posts, usually prefaced by the phrase, "I probably shouldn't post this, but...." and the forum becomes a moderating nightmare pruning out 'jokes' by people who who mistake the forum for a junior high school locker room. I am sure Muhammad will see this thread and comment or you could send him a PM or did you already ask him directly? Oh, you also get posts copied from other sites that are not reformatted. :)

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks? #6  
I think you answered your own question. No matter what the rules are, sadly there are people who push the limits with posts, usually prefaced by the phrase, "I probably shouldn't post this, but...." and the forum becomes a moderating nightmare pruning out 'jokes' by people who who mistake the forum for a junior high school locker room. I am sure Muhammad will see this thread and comment or you could send him a PM or did you already ask him directly? Oh, you also get posts copied from other sites that are not reformatted. :)

Hi Mike,

Please don't pick on Deep for this ...I am the one that posted the joke to clarify and see if that is what he meant..since he posted it in the feedback forum it seemed a good way to get an answer which is all he seems to be seeking. If you are upset...come after me..I can take it..!:)

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks? #7  
Me, upset? Nah, never. :D

I like TBN the way it is, i.e., unique. A joke forum makes it more like every other site. Next someone will ask for a forum where religion and politics can be discussed, maybe an invitation only forum, then TBN would be like every other site. :( But, it's not my site, Muhammad will make the call. This topic has come up in the past.

/ Got to ask this about Fun Folks? #8  
...someone will ask for a forum where religion and politics can be discussed...

A Priest, a Rabbi and a Minister walk into a GM dealer....

That about covers it. :laughing:

A Priest, a Rabbi and a Minister walk into a GM dealer....

That about covers it. :laughing:

Ha! see there is a since of humor among'st us :D
I do understand that it might become a 7/24 job to try weed out inappropriate jokes that could give visitors viewing this site the wrong idea, I just think sometimes folks here need to lighten up a bit and be more fun to converse with instead off always disputing etc,etc, and leading to one person getting upset with the other,

this one couldn't possibly upset anyone :D

Earl and Bubba were taking a break from doing some chores in the barn stacking hay and shoveling ya know what! etc, Earl takes a chaw of Tobacco Bubba taking a sip of his beer Bubba said
"Think I'm gonna divorce the wife - she ain't spoke to me in over 2 months."

Earl spits, takes a long, slow sip of his beer and says,

"Better think it over.............women like that are hard to find." ;)