CBN

/ CBN #11  
Rich....

Reason you and Karen may have different experiences in accessing CBN from work is the way your agencies have set up the internet access preferences on your respective building servers. I don't believe the NYS computer system is centralized for all agencies and buildings. Each agency has their own respective ISB team that sets up internet access preferences; they operate by different guidelines. You and Karen, working for the same agency, but located in different buildings may have different servers and different ISB teams working off of different internet access guidelines.

For me, I used to be able to access TBN at work at the NYSDOT. Now, the powers that be are becoming very restrictive trying to cull out all unauthorized site accesses and they've locked me out from accessing TBN. I now have to justify TBN site access and with the work I do I don't know how I correlate my transportation planning work with tractors /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif, so for the time being I'm still locked out of accessing TBN at work.

Bob

/ CBN #12  
Bob:

Start a thread on TBN called "Transportation Planning" - I'll bet you'll find a number of other TBN members in your field who will be glad to exchange information on the subject - and some who are not in your field who will be glad to offer input. Pretty soon the thread will wander off track but it will still amass hundreds of posts. You can then show "the powers that be" the number of posts to that thread as justification for restoring TBN access. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ CBN #13  
<font color=blue>You can then show "the powers that be" the number of posts to that thread as justification for restoring TBN access.</font color=blue>

I'm not so sure about this Bill. My agency's inspector general is pretty tough. It's going to be tough to justify the need to spend several hours a day on TBN by showing the postings of one discussion thread on Transportation Planning. But, you know I'm thinking on this and curious as to where the discussion will really go. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

Bob