*** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest ***

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
On June 26, 2010 at 7:29AM EDT, the 2,000,000 post on TractorByNet was entered by kennyd.

And here are the official winners and winning times from the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest, in which members tried to guess closest to the time of the 2,000,000th post:

1st Place - tallyho8
June 26, 2010 @ 8:28AM (1 hour, 1 minute off)

As the 1st place winner, tallyho8 wins a TBN jacket, mug and hat. He has indicated to me that he would like to auction the jacket off to raise funds for the National Audubon Society to help with the Gulf oil spill. This is a very gracious gesture on his part. :thumbsup:

2nd Place - polo1665
June 26, 2010 @ 10:11AM (2 hours, 42 minutes off)

As the 2nd place finisher, polo1665 will receive a TBN hat and mug!

3rd Place - frogfish
June 26, 2010 @ 11:17AM (3 hours, 48 minutes off)

As the 3rd place finisher, frogfish will receive a TBN hat or mug!

**Special Awards**

In recognition of members who went above and beyond just entering a guess, these guys made this contest a lot of fun for everybody involved...

The "Right Place at the Right Time" Award goes to kennyd for posting the 2,000,000th message. Not sure if he knew that his post would be the one, but I think he deserves a TBN mug as well for the special post.

The "On the Radar" Award goes to RadarTech for posting more than 24 posts per day since the contest began. Such prolific participation drove the contest thread up near 500 replies and gave us a reason to visit the Feedback forum every time we logged in. :p:D So, RadarTech gets a TBN hat for his contributions (unless he wants a mug, in which case he can trade the for a mug).

The "Resident Statistician" Award goes to polo1665 for posting his calculations on posts per day, posts per hour and posts per second as we counted down to 2,000,000. He already won a TBN hat and mug so I don't know what else we can give him. :laughing:

Thanks to all who participated!!! We look forward to the next TBN contest (and the next million posts!). :thumbsup:

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #2  
Congratulations to you all! :thumbsup::cool:I enjoyed the count down and am excited to participate in the next contest!:D

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #3  
Muhammad,
Thanks alot, I am surprised to say the least!!!! :thumbsup:

And for the on the Radar, well-- I am always on target..... :D
and JohnDeere3720 and teg really helped alot...

Now where is this auction thread we have to start????

and I know we need some rules---- :D

First rule: bidders must be able to define TANSTAAFL :thumbsup:

Folks---
I can truly say--- it's been real, it's been fun and it's been real fun.. :laughing:

J

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #4  
Thanks Muhammad for a great contest and a fantastic web site:thumbsup:

I can assure you all-I had no idea, I was not following the guessing thread or the stats at all. Definitely "Right Place, right Time":laughing:

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #5  
Thanks Muhammad for a great contest and a fantastic web site:thumbsup:

I can assure you all-I had no idea, I was not following the guessing thread or the stats at all. Definitely "Right Place, right Time":laughing:

sure sure-- the sleeper agent!!!! :laughing:

Likely story--- BUT I can buy it this time--- if you get the 3 millionth post then well I won't buy it that time!

J

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #6  
I don't know what to say. :eek:

As I accept this award, I must give thanks to God, to my family for their support and to all the wonderful members of TBN for making this contest so fun and interesting. ;)

Now I feel it is only right for me to auction off the TBN jacket and donate all the proceeds to the National Audubon Society to help out our animals affected by this tragic oil spill.

Please read my thread on the jacket auction and make your suggestions.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

PS RadarTech please don't start up on guessing the 3,000,000 post yet. Give us a little time to devote to other things for a while. :D :D :D

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #7  
On June 26, 2010 at 7:29AM EDT, the 2,000,000 post on TractorByNet was entered by kennyd.

And here are the official winners and winning times from the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest, in which members tried to guess closest to the time of the 2,000,000th post:

1st Place - tallyho8
June 26, 2010 @ 8:28AM (1 hour, 1 minute off)

As the 1st place winner, tallyho8 wins a TBN jacket, mug and hat. He has indicated to me that he would like to auction the jacket off to raise funds for the National Audubon Society to help with the Gulf oil spill. This is a very gracious gesture on his part. :thumbsup:

2nd Place - polo1665
June 26, 2010 @ 10:11AM (2 hours, 42 minutes off)

As the 2nd place finisher, polo1665 will receive a TBN hat and mug!

3rd Place - frogfish
June 26, 2010 @ 11:17AM (3 hours, 48 minutes off)

As the 3rd place finisher, frogfish will receive a TBN hat or mug!

**Special Awards**

In recognition of members who went above and beyond just entering a guess, these guys made this contest a lot of fun for everybody involved...

The "Right Place at the Right Time" Award goes to kennyd for posting the 2,000,000th message. Not sure if he knew that his post would be the one, but I think he deserves a TBN mug as well for the special post.

The "On the Radar" Award goes to RadarTech for posting more than 24 posts per day since the contest began. Such prolific participation drove the contest thread up near 500 replies and gave us a reason to visit the Feedback forum every time we logged in. :p:D So, RadarTech gets a TBN hat for his contributions (unless he wants a mug, in which case he can trade the for a mug).

The "Resident Statistician" Award goes to polo1665 for posting his calculations on posts per day, posts per hour and posts per second as we counted down to 2,000,000. He already won a TBN hat and mug so I don't know what else we can give him. :laughing:

Thanks to all who participated!!! We look forward to the next TBN contest (and the next million posts!). :thumbsup:

Do we get a hat for "honorable mention" for being so far off, our heads are still spinning?:D

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #8  
I don't know what to say. :eek:

As I accept this award, I must give thanks to God, to my family for their support and to all the wonderful members of TBN for making this contest so fun and interesting. ;)

Now I feel it is only right for me to auction off the TBN jacket and donate all the proceeds to the National Audubon Society to help out our animals affected by this tragic oil spill.

Please read my thread on the jacket auction and make your suggestions.

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:) :) :)

PS RadarTech please don't start up on guessing the 3,000,000 post yet. Give us a little time to devote to other things for a while. :D :D :D

Uh-- I think your a little late for that suggestion!! I posted the rough estimate of 35 months and Polo already weighed in... and JohnDeere3270 said he would commit to the 1200 posts per hour needed to do it in less than 3 months..

but really--- I think we should find something to do a contest around the seasons.... something truly tractorful... :)

J

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #9  
Do we get a hat for "honorable mention" for being so far off, our heads are still spinning?:D

Tell ya what... why don't we create the thread of honorably far far off...
and we all figure out why were were so far off... And 1 + 1 does not equal 10.. except in binary..
I was 6 DAYS too early!!!! :laughing:

J

/ *** WINNERS of the TBN 2,000,000th Post Contest *** #10  
Tell ya what... why don't we create the thread of honorably far far off...
and we all figure out why were were so far off... And 1 + 1 does not equal 10.. except in binary..
I was 6 DAYS too early!!!! :laughing:

J

It would be cool if TBN could put up something like a bumper sticker to the person whos guess was the farthest from the time and date. How about it Muhammad? Is that doable?