Technical support plz chime in...

/ Technical support plz chime in... #1  

Ozarks Moon Shiner

Every time I go to open a new to me thread my browser drops me into the middle of the thread or some times the end of the thread.
This only happens with TBN. My browser is Fire Fox and I have not had troubles like this before. It is very irritating to have to navigate back to the top just to figure out whats going on here.

Usually if I want to go to the first new post their is a little arrow to click on usually located next to the treads title but not here.

/ Technical support plz chime in... #2  
The "go to first new post" is automatic here, I like it that way. Did you by chance click the "mark all threads read" button at the top?

/ Technical support plz chime in... #5  
Every time I go to open a new to me thread my browser drops me into the middle of the thread or some times the end of the thread.
This only happens with TBN. My browser is Fire Fox and I have not had troubles like this before. It is very irritating to have to navigate back to the top just to figure out whats going on here.

Usually if I want to go to the first new post their is a little arrow to click on usually located next to the treads title but not here.

The is so that you do not have to wade through pages of posts that you have already read. It is one of the things I like about this site as compared to other such forums.

Aaron Z

/ Technical support plz chime in...
The is so that you do not have to wade through pages of posts that you have already read. It is one of the things I like about this site as compared to other such forums.

Aaron Z

except it is dropping me in to the middle of new threads I have never been into before so now I have to navigate back to page 1 post 1.:confused2:

/ Technical support plz chime in... #7  
except it is dropping me in to the middle of new threads I have never been into before so now I have to navigate back to page 1 post 1.:confused2:

If you browse the forum (say going to News/Feedback - TractorByNet.com ), do most of the threads show as yellow or grey?

IIRC, there is a timeout (6 weeks?) and if the thread was started (for example) in April, then today someone posted again, it will start you at the post from today. If you click on a yellow thread with only a few posts, does it take you to the first post, or to the middle?

It was explained a while back to be database related (ie: the database remembers what threads you visit for 6 weeks and if there is a space longer than that, it assumes that you want to start with the new stuff).

Aaron Z

/ Technical support plz chime in...
only the top few appear in yellow. How do I turn that "feature" off?

/ Technical support plz chime in... #9  

--------------------------------------------------------------------

I click on a thread title looking to open the original posters thread of interest, his name is never there, so I scroll to the top and find I'm on maybe page 7, 15 or 21 etc. instead of page 1.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Are you telling me you've never started reading a book on page 15. Aggravating isn't it. But it doesn't look as if there is a solution to the problem.