Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves...

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #1  

teg

Tractor
s
I don't mind the ads, even the BIG ads... but when they start out as a big ad, then re-size down to small one, a few seconds later... it screws up where I was trying to read... I basically have to wait till it re-sizes before I can start to read. Just leave it BIG (or small) thanks... (I'm slow enough as it is and easily confused) :eek:

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #2  
Same happens for me also...I also end up clicking on the wrong thing sometimes also because of it.

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #3  
Same here! PLEASE leave the ads one size. It is frustrating to set up the page, start reading, pick up your slice of pizza for a bite, and then the page moves back to a part you already read.

Then you have to put your pizza down, wipe your fingers well, scroll the page down and try again. :mad:

Flash, Java, xhtml. etc. :mad: What's wrong with regular ole html?

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #4  
I'm not very fluent in the tech stuff behind the computer, but this problem (if I correctly relate to it) seems to have been solved on my computer.

Started as a problem with my wife's computer hanging up that led to a search for a solution. The recommendation was to go to
Tools - - Internet Options - - Advanced , then uncheck the box for Enable 3rd party ext.

That solved her problem of getting an error message when Yahoo was trying to load on her computer. To see what, if anything, else may be affected, I made the same change on my computer and the result was I quit getting the jumping text.

A re-start is needed for it to take affect. And I can't say if it will solve your problem or cause a different problem. Seems to have helped mine so far, and haven't missed a thing to the best of my knowledge.

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #5  
There are ads???? I keep up on the iPhone app. No ads on it. Yet. :)

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #6  
Just posting back to say that I have not encountered this problem lately. I believe that TBN fixed it.

Is anyone else still having this problem?

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #7  
luckly i havent ran into this while on here.:D

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #9  
I'm missing something, which is apparently a good thing. What ads are you talking about?

Steve

/ Jumping text since Ads automatically re-size themselves... #10  
you can block any/all ads with your "hosts" file...
If you're running Windows it's easy...

There is also an extension for Firefox to block 3rd party ads...

Even Google's own "Chrome" browser has a blocking function...