Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can.

/ Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can. #1  

scoutcub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Yanmar LX4900//Cub 7532//Cub Yanmar SC2400//Komatsu D38//Cub Volunteer//Cub SZ60/CAT 289C/CAT 308
Don't want to completely change it, but add to it.....I looked thru all the tools and didn't see anything, perhaps I didn't look in the right place? Or need a moderator?

/ Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can. #2  
Don't want to completely change it, but add to it.....I looked thru all the tools and didn't see anything, perhaps I didn't look in the right place? Or need a moderator?

I made a typo in a thread title and concluded after an exhaustive search (well, I was exhausted) that regular members couldn't change a title.

Steve

/ Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can. #3  
You cannot edit the title.

/ Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can. #4  
**** So double check the title *before* posting!!! (changed) or Teg will ridicule you

:D:thumbsup::laughing:

MossRaod here: You may be able to edit the title of one of your own posts within that time limit (I forget how many hours it is) that exists for editing, but I am not sure. Only one way to check that... make a test post, then attempt to change the title by editing your own post. Then try again to edit it tomorrow. ;)

Teg extra edit... It was fun!!!

Last edited:
   / Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can. #5  
That was fun! :laughing:

/ Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can. #6  
I wonder if the title stays if someone quotes mine??? Don't think it would...

:D:laughing::thumbsup: You can not change the FIRST post ever... it gets "locked" into the data base... sort of speak... (I'll see for the fun of it if I can add to Mossroad...) yup ;)

Last edited:
   / Can you change the title of a thread you started? No, but a Moderator can.
Thanks gentlemen!

I'm not sure who to thank most.....Teg...or MossRaod...or MossRoad....:laughing:

but now I know! :thumbsup: