TractorByNet Android App

/ TractorByNet Android App #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

I'm happy to announce that the new TBN mobile app for android is now live and available for free download in the android market. In fact, I am posting this thread from my android, phone. :)

The app allows you to browse all threads, search, track subscribed threads, post, reply, and even add attachments (see below for a quick photo I took with my phone while composing this thread).

In order to get the app, simply direct your android browser to tractorbynet.com/forums and you will be prompted to download the app. Or, you can search for TractorByNet in the android market.

Oh, if you have. An iphone, TBN also has an iphone app. :)

Enjoy!

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20101028_102922.png
    ForumRunner_20101028_102922.png
    318.9 KB · Views: 324
   / TractorByNet Android App
We're exploring some options for adding some of the other features to the mobile apps. Since right now the number of users of the mobile apps is relatively low, and the forums represent more than 80% of TBN's traffic, it's one of those things that might be more expense than it's worth, at least right now. Furthermore, since the app is currently ad-free, our budget for advanced feature development is somewhat limited.

/ TractorByNet Android App #5  
This is wonderful! Thanks for the app.

/ TractorByNet Android App #6  
I perused all the threads relating to the TBN Android App, looking for an answer to the following:
I have a Droid A855, it's the one with the slide-out keyboard. I can read posts buy have no option to reply to posts... yes I have tried hitting the "notification" button, this brings up a prompt to REFRESH only. Holding a finger on the post prompts to "view user profile". Yesterday I emailed the creators of the app and am awaiting a response.

Anyone else experiencing this issue?

/ TractorByNet Android App
I don't know which buttons your phone has, but you need to find the settings/option button that will give you the option to log in.

/ TractorByNet Android App #8  
I don't know which buttons your phone has, but you need to find the settings/option button that will give you the option to log in.

Now I got it. Had to access that before viewing posts and then it was available, thanks.

/ TractorByNet Android App #9  
Is there an icon for the search function? Would someone help me out with this. Also? A lot of the pictures are not loading onto peoples threads. Is this an issue with any one else? For the videos I need Adobe that my Galaxy S-4 does not support. ( at least that's the message my phone is telling me).

/ TractorByNet Android App #10  
Is there an icon for the search function? Would someone help me out with this. Also? A lot of the pictures are not loading onto peoples threads. Is this an issue with any one else? For the videos I need Adobe that my Galaxy S-4 does not support. ( at least that's the message my phone is telling me).
Touch and hold the bottom bar (with the icons on it), then slide your finger to the left. That should show the search button.
Videos dont work on my Droid 4 either.

Aaron Z