Search?

/ Search? #1  

Gomez

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota B2400
Is it just me?

I click on "Search", and the "Terms of Service" screen appears.

/ Search? #2  
I just clicked on Search and got the Search page.

/ Search?
Hmmm. I tried the User list and got something else that didn't make sense. I'll try from home and see what happens. Might be the firewall (or whatever) at this location.

/ Search? #4  
You might want to go to a different sight, like cnn.com or whatever, then clear your cache, then try coming back here. Worth a try.

/ Search? #5  
"Search" has always worked properly for me, including just now.

/ Search? #6  
What platform/browser you using, Gomez?

I didn't want to bring it up 'cuz that problem only occurs on my Mac/Netscape 4.7 combo. Not exactly a mainstream concern.
crazy.gif

Darndest thing I ever saw -- when you do mouseovers on that whole line of links, even the status line at the bottom of the window shows the links associated with the very bottom line of the page.

At a glance, the source code looks fine to me, but there may be some subtle misinterpretation of the script by this particular version of Netscape. Amazing how it doesn't generate any errors. It simply does a perfectly valid, albeit wrong thing.
frown.gif

I've gone ahead and just bookmarked the correct links, which is fine for the infrequency of use I give them.

I know my combo represents less than 1% of all users, so I accept such things now. I don't expect anybody to cater to that percentage.

Problem doesn't exist on CBN, but I haven't had the time to look into it real deep.

So, the short answer to your question is, no, it's not just you. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

/ Search?
Harv,

Thanks for the reply. This system is Netscape 4.72 on W2K. Nice to see this major pharmaceutical company is using the latest version. /w3tcompact/icons/eyes.gif We are "upgrading" to 4.8 next week. /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

I rarely use those links, other than search. Not a big deal.

/ Search?
UPDATE

4.8 was just loaded and the anomaly has been corrected. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif