Another Milestone

/ Another Milestone #1  

BobT

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota L175
Howdi all,

The numbers seem to fly by so fast I can barely keep up anymore, but I noticed this "new" forum just passed the 20,000th post. Congratulations all you guys (and a few gals too!).

I consider myself very fortunmate to have an interest in a piece of machinery and a way of life that is shared by so many wonderful folks. I really feel like I am among "my kind" of people, and can't begin to express my appreciation that you all are here, and how much I learn here, every day.

BobT.
A Indiana Boy

/ Another Milestone #2  
It's not surprising to me at all. Like I said once before, Tractorbynet is just so cool. I lurked in the background for a year before signing on and based on the growth in popularity for this site I've noticed over the past 6 months, it wouldn't surprise me to see 25,000 in another 90 days.

I'm often amazed at the variety of topics discussed here and some of the practical knowledge that's so freely shared. Nothing but great.

Bob Pence

/ Another Milestone #3  
I stumbled across this thread while looking for something else. It seems that usage of this forum has accelerated since the 20,000 message mark was hit on 11/02/00. I thought 25,000 posts in another 90 days, or around early February. Looks like the TBN forums will surpass 30,000 postings by this Saturday (based on present rate of travel), potentially Friday.

That's just too cool. Lots of folks out there interested in compact tractors, equipment, and fine country living and all the stuff that goes with it. Lots of new folks signing on, too. Very cool.

Thanks again Muhammed for a great site. And, when can I order my TBN t-shirt and maybe hat? Black for me please.

Bob Pence

/ Another Milestone #4  
How 'bout TBN swag for milestone posters? Mug for 30,000th, cap for 40,000th and a new tractor for the 50,000th post /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

And yes, this site is way too cool. We finally got a modern PC at home and my wife is beginning to notice my "addiction". Maybe the next poll should be favorite aspects of the site. I'll vote ahead of time for all the photos. They add a unique dimension to the forum. makes me want to add a digital camera to my ever-increasing pile of "stuff".

Rob
18-25126-790sig.gif

/ Another Milestone #5  
Yes, we're very happy to see the growth!

Over the past year, the site has grown so much. A year ago we had about 20,000 users per month visiting the site, and the forum got about 1,000 posts per month. We were running something in the range of 750,000 server hits/month, and about 100,000 page views.

By June/July 2000, the user base had grown to about 25,000 per month, with about 1,000,000 hits/175,000 page views. We were happy to see the site grow that much! /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

But since then, the size of the site has more than doubled. Each month we set new records for users, hits, page views and posts. We had a great month in December, with over 50,000 unique users for the first time ever. Also the server racked up about 1,950,000 hits, and the forum saw 3176 posts; 102.5 per day.

But this month the site has grown even more. We project 52,750 users, over 2,250,000 hits, and 4950 posts; 159.7 per day.

At 159 posts per day, we could see the 50,000-post mark by the end of May. Given January's posting rate, and the growth we've seen, it could happen sooner.

We'll keep everyone updated with the hats/shirts/etc... Hopefully we'll be able to offer the items in time for the summer/work season. /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

A big thank you to all users... you're the ones that build up the post numbers and stats... we really appreciate it, and hope many benefit from the knowledge shared.

msig.gif

/ Another Milestone #6  
Well then, I better get my mouse buttons all shined up and ready to click post #50,000 to get that tractor! /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

msig.gif

/ Another Milestone #7  
Muhammad, this is incredible and real tribute to your ability to keep this an active forum!

Just curious though... with all these expert "customers" posting opinions/wants/needs etc, are any of the manufacturers tuning in? Seems like this forum would be a mecca of free market research for a company wanting to satisfy thier customers (ala R&B).

Rob
18-25126-790sig.gif

/ Another Milestone #8  
There isn't any doubt that manufacturers are aware of the forum; I know that a lot are. But I really don't know a lot of details as far as the larger manufacturers go. I can't say that they read the forum regularly, but just that it is a good possibility from what I have gathered. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

msig.gif

/ Another Milestone #9  
Muhammad, I've been real curious for a while now; how do "you" fund this? I know a little about hosting, and for sure this costs a mint. How does Tractorbynet stay up? And who exactly is Tractorbynet?

<font color=green>mark</font color=green>
markcg_sig.gif

/ Another Milestone #10  
Mark,

Here's some general info...

in 1998 I started the Kubota Tractors Message Board, simply for there to be a place where Kubota owners/buyers could exchange information.

The success of the KTMB led me to put a little more time into building a complete website on Kubota Tractors, called the Kubota Tractor Source.

After about a year, I decided to branch out to cover all makes and models... and that's when TractorByNet.com opened and it became more of a 'we' than 'me', since the web design firm I co-founded (IMC Digital Universe) also got more involved, in design and development of the site, as well as hosting, upkeep, etc. At this point it really isn't a one-person job. Whether I am working on the site, or someone else in the company is, basically all work is done by IMC or by one of our contractors... while the site does bring in a small amount of revenue from advertising, it all goes right back out plus more, in operating expenses, as well as the time spent to maintain the site.

msig.gif