New Active Hyperlinks in threads

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads #1  

Scooby074

Tractor
BX 25, ZD 326
Any way to disable the active hyperlinks in the threads... Personally i find it distracting to have a bunch of Blue Underlined text in threads. If i want to learn more on say, John Deere or a BX25, i think most here are smart enough to go to google or directly to TBN's review page and search.

IMHO hyperlinks in text belong on Wikipedia... and even there they clutter up the UI. Not great to see from TBN who has a pretty decent web design (clean and uncluttered).

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads #2  
You mean like the one you have in YOUR post?:p

They don't bother me at all and are the norm on Al Gore's Internet:cool:

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads
You mean like the one you have in YOUR post?:p

They don't bother me at all and are the norm on Al Gore's Internet:cool:

yes its there, and im not responsible. its automatic;)

there becoming more prevalent on ALL forums, not just tbn.... im not a fan of this new "trend". Wheres Al Gore so i can kick him in the butt? :D

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads #4  
We'll have a way to disable it soon. :)

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads #6  
Muhammad said:
We'll have a way to disable it soon. :)

Thanks, I find them distracting also.

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads #7  
I agree, they do not bother me at all and it is easier and faster to just click on the link vs googling it to find what the person was referring to.

I agree, they do not bother me at all and it is easier and faster to just click on the link vs googling it to find what the person was referring to.

The problem isnt when a poster includes a link in his post to direct a reader to a specific place, like this TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractors | John Deere, Kubota, New Holland

The problem is the forum software AUTOMATICALLY putting links in when you type a specific keyword, like BX25 for example. This then links back to TBN's review page.. not that helpful really.

/ New Active Hyperlinks in threads #9  
The problem isnt when a poster includes a link in his post to direct a reader to a specific place, like this TractorByNet.com | Compact Tractors | John Deere, Kubota, New Holland

The problem is the forum software AUTOMATICALLY putting links in when you type a specific keyword, like BX25 for example. This then links back to TBN's review page.. not that helpful really.

OK, my misunderstanding.:eek: I guess that that has not happened to me, that I have ever noticed anyway.

OK, my misunderstanding.:eek: I guess that that has not happened to me, that I have ever noticed anyway.

No worries :thumbsup: It'll happen to you eventually :)

Theres a current thread where a poster is trying to link to a youtube video of a Johndeere tractor.. The software takes the youtube link and splits it up... if you click on the "youtube" part you get the vid.. if you click on "Johndeere" (not a typo, trying to fool the software :D) you get sent to the review page... very frustrating

Heres the post http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/207116-rotory-stump-cutter.html#post2373945