New Forum Features

/ New Forum Features #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
We just changed the forum from the old PERL front-end, to a new PHP front-end...

The database has been completely restructured, hopefully to reduce the number of queries and increase overall speed.

There are dozens of minor feature upgrades, but I'll mention the more noticable ones (if you're a regular at CBN, they might be familiar)...

+ Instant Faces (one click and they are inserted into your post)
+ Instant Markup
+ Instant Font Color
+ E-mail notifications on all replies to your favorite threads (option with every post)
+ Mark all read option (if you fall behind, catch up in one click! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif)
+ Links from searches and recent messages take you to flat view instead of threaded (previously)

There seems to be a bug with the quoting feature... Which I'll fix tomorrow, probably. Also, I'm aware of the formatting problem on the "My Home" page, and the skins being missing (will be replaced tomorrow).

Please let me know if you find any other bugs...

/ New Forum Features #2  
<font color="blue"> Please let me know if you find any other bugs... </font>
Posts no longer show who you're replying to.

/ New Forum Features
Tomorrow. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New Forum Features #4  
Well, OK. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I thought I'd mention it here too so the 'problems' are all in one place.

/ New Forum Features #5  
Muhammad,

Noticed that the attachment size limit has changed or is that just a typo?

Kevin

/ New Forum Features #6  
I tried a 112k file and it didn't work. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ New Forum Features #7  
/forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif At my age, he wants me to learn new stuff /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

/ New Forum Features
Attachment size was changed intentionally.

/ New Forum Features #9  
Maybe I missed it... what is the attachment size limitation now?

Also... what are the color choices... other than the color swatch you have posted...

Lastly don't have any JD green, Kubota orange, or NH blue color choices... or we'll be next on the hit list... /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ New Forum Features #10  
Well, you could do without the green or blue, but you gotta have the orange. We tend to be a little militant /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif