New forum does not work with a MAC

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #1  

Von

Veteran Member, Advertiser
Tractor
Kubota B2710
Muhammad,
The new system does not work with a MAC using IE. In fact it causes IE to crash and shut off. I just get a system two error message when I try to get into the forums. Also there are many glitches with NETSCAPE as well. I hope you can fix these problems fast! I hate to think of what I am missing /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #2  
What problems are you having, specifically in Netscape?

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #3  
When CountryByNet fired up, I had lots of problems using Netscape. I couldn't explain them to anyone's understanding, so I gave up, and changed to using Explorer (which I didn't like as well as Netscape - you like what you are used to using!). I am adjusting to the changes now.

/ New forum does not work with a MAC
Muhammad,
If I click on flat to read a post there is overlap on some of the post as I scroll down the list. And this afternoon I was unable to log on. I would much rather use IE, but I can't bring any forums up without it crashing IE. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #5  
Why do I keep getting the following notice:

Notice: Please Update Your Bookmarks!
The Forum Main Index URL has changed!

I can't tell if this is a general notice or specific to my navigation on this board.

Kelvin

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #6  
It's imbedded in the page... we'll leave it up for a few more days so people can be reminded that the URL has changed.

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #7  
Von -

I've attached a screen shot of a TBN flat mode page, using the ancient Netscape 4.7 on a Mac running OS 8.6. Does yours look at all like this?

I don't really expect things to work too well using that combo, but I've learned how to avoid crashes on TBN and CBN. Although I haven't taken the time to track down the actual cause, the crashy stuff occurs during mouseovers on any of the links near the top of each page, so just keep your mouse away from that region. Even when they don't crash, those links take you to the wrong page on our systems. I've bookmarked the pages I actually need to get to now and then, so I at least have all the functionality I need.

I've accepted the fact that it's a Bill Gates world out there, so when I really need to, I go into the other room and use my PC with Windows 98. TBN works great there. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Attachments

• 232219-MacScreen.gif
    232219-MacScreen.gif
    39.4 KB · Views: 115
   / New forum does not work with a MAC #8  
Harv and Von, have either of you tried Opera? There's a version for the Mac

/ New forum does not work with a MAC
Harv, I am using NETSCAPE 6.1 and I still get the overlap of post in flat mode. And the IE crashing is when I go from the home page to discussions. IE just quits and a message comes up stating "system type 2 error" whatever that is. Before the changes IE worked great on TBN and on all sites. It only crashs on TBN, so it has to be something in the new changes. /forums/images/graemlins/mad.gif

/ New forum does not work with a MAC #10  
<font color="blue">have either of you tried Opera?</font>

I know about Opera, but I don't use it. Like all browsers, it has its strong and weak points (quite good overall), but I have my own weird reasons for using the browsers that I do. Mostly I need to test my own stuff on the most commonly used platform/browser combos. I should probably review the statistics again, but the last time I checked Opera was not very widely used compared to IE and Netscape.

Interesting, isn't it, that it's seldom the best products that get used the most. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif