Changing your Login Name

/ Changing your Login Name #1  

thcri

Elite Member
Tractor
New Holland TC29D, 2001
Can anyone tell me if I go in and edit my login name if I will lose my posts status. I have built up 50 or so and don't want to lose them.

Murph

I just thought it would be easier to change from thcri to murph since that is what I am use to from everyone

/ Changing your Login Name #2  
No, you don't lose anything.

AS a matter of fact, all the old posts end up having your new name attached to them.

It is not you login name that changes though, but rather the name that appears with the post. I forget what it is called...display name? or something.

I though the login name changed, but that remains the same and you still log in using the original name.

Henro... /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Changing your Login Name #3  
Henro,

Many of us remember you by your previous ID name. If it's not too personal a topic,...why did you change?

OkieG

/ Changing your Login Name
Hey Henro,

Thanks for you commenting about remembering my name, my login is thcri but I did sign all of my posts as murph. I have not changed my name yet but was just thinking it would be easier for everyone to remember one name.

Murph

/ Changing your Login Name #5  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Henro,

Many of us remember you by your previous ID name. If it's not too personal a topic,...why did you change?

OkieG )</font>

No, not personal at all...

Actually, the first name was my real name and I just thought later that it might have been better to follow the lead of others here and use something other than the real name. Not that everyone does that, but seems like most do. I guess I felt that using the real name illustrated a lack of imagination or something on my part...although I really know that is not the case at all.

But after posting a fair amount, the thought of going back to zero in status...not that that matters for anything anyway, but you know what I mean...didn't seem like something I wanted to do...

Also, I just did not feel like quitting as macher and starting again as someone else unrelated to myself. Me and the other guy would be the same, but different, and a split personality is not what I need as I have enough trouble with this one alone... /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

So when I saw muhammad's post mentioning that it is now possible to change display names I figured I would try it. I guessed that I would still maintain a connection to my previous posts. I was kind of surprised, but not disappointed, to see that all my posts had the display name changed...and also when I added a picture all the previous posts now have the picture displayed with them as well. I had not thought about this and did not expect either of these things to happen, but in retrospect it makes sense that they did.

There are that small group that have names that sound like they were taken especially for TBN, but are true given names to begin with. Couldn't figure out how to join that elite group...

I guess some of our parents just thought further ahead than others, eh Bird? /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Boy I hope the long-timers here never change thier display names...That would really take some getting used to!

Bill

/ Changing your Login Name #6  
<font color="blue">Boy I hope the long-timers here never change thier display names...That would really take some getting used to!</font>

Actually, one of the reasons I asked was because I think you have kinda graduated to that status. Maybe not a long-timer, but well known by virtue of activity. I guess we'll get used to the change./forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Changing your Login Name #7  
I doubt we would approve many high-post user name changes. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ Changing your Login Name
Actually,

I have not changed my name as of yet. It was only a thought. I signed up as thcri and still remain as thcri. I just thought that more people would recognise me as murph. Based on the above comments I am planning on staying as thcri. Now for those of you that are wondering what thcri stands for. It is the name of my business and I use it at a lot of places where I have to log in at. Tonna Heating, Cooling and Refrigeration, Inc.

Thanks to all
Murph

/ Changing your Login Name #9  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I guess some of our parents just thought further ahead than others, eh Bird? )</font>

Yep, and it's hard enough to teach an old dog new tricks without asking him to change his name, too. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Changing your Login Name #10  
Your right Bird. I changed from Paddock way back when to Rat. Now Paddock is RaT. I was on a different computer in another part of the world, couldn't remember my pasword for Paddock so I created another identity. I went to my Paddock name today and it was interesting seeing the old emails. Chalkeys first email to me regarding HST and a fellow named James who was the first to buy a NH TC45D with SS on TBN. He eventually sold it and got a Kubota L3710 and a M9000 as I recall. Rat or is it RaT?