• Don't notice a difference

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
   / Faster Forums? #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
We're testing a new page compression method and my numbers indicate that the pages are being generated about 4x as fast as they were prior to compression.

We'll see how much of a load it puts on the server, but let me know if it seems faster to you:

As of 3:00PM today...

/ Faster Forums? #2  
<font color="blue"> As of 3:00PM today...</font>
Does this mean;
1. The change goes in at 3:00PM on 3/1/2003
2. We should wait to vote until 3:00PM on 3/1/2003
3. The results of the poll, as of 3:00PM on 3/1/2003, are...

/forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ Faster Forums? #3  
<font color="blue">As of 3:00PM today...</font>

Actually, Mike, that message was posted Friday (way back in February) by my west coast clock, so I took it to mean as of yesterday.

Either way, I'm seeing significant speed improvement now. Easiest to notice on the longer threads, even with my slow browser. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ Faster Forums? #4  
<font color="blue">Actually, Mike, that message was posted Friday (way back in February) by my west coast clock, so I took it to mean as of yesterday. </font>
Hmm, the time that appears on Muhammad's message for me is 12:05 AM on 3/1/2003, i.e., very early this(Saturday) morning. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

/ Faster Forums? #5  
Hey Mike,

You know how some of those Californians... tell time... /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Not like us on the east coast... /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Faster Forums? #6  
<font color="blue">the time that appears on Muhammad's message for me is 12:05 AM on 3/1/2003</font>

... and for me it sez 9:05 PM on 2/28/2003. I guess the only one that counts is what it said on Muhammad's screen. Let's see... during the summer, Arizona time is the same as mine, but since it's winter, I think they're an hour ahead of me, so Muhammad probably posted the message at 10:05 PM on Friday. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

That means the big hand was on the 1, and the little hand was near the 10... or, wait... I mean the second hand was spinning backwards, or is it... /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

You're right, John. Telling time is way beyond us Californians. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Faster Forums? #7  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I mean the second hand was spinning backwards, or is it... )</font>

/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Harv,

You’re a funny guy… /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

When I lived in San Diego, I was proud to be call a Californian (even if only by transplant), I loved it and sure do miss it… /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

They kept saying that part of California should have two time zones because of the San Andreas Fault… /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

olema.jpg

Recent Earthquakes in California…