Where is Golfgar?

/ Where is Golfgar? #1  

njrqs

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L1-20 DT
Haven't heard from him for a while.

Maybe the weather has been so good he can't stop playing golf /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Or maybe he finally bought that tractor and can't get off it !! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

The thing that scares me with the anonomous nature of TBN is that if god forbid something should happen to one of our regulars, we'd just never hear from them again and we'd never know what happened. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif

I know we brough this up some time ago.

Maybe I need to leave my username in my will and leave instructions for my final post /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif

/ Where is Golfgar? #2  
Thomas hasn't posted for a long time either. Nor has Blurrybill.

Egon

/ Where is Golfgar?
Yes I had noticed Thomas' absense.

He went walkabout some time back too and we all got worried so hopefully he'll be back soon !!

Cheers

/ Where is Golfgar? #4  
Ya the first thing I thought about when I saw this post was that I have not seen a post from Thomas in awile. Hope alls well.

/ Where is Golfgar? #5  
Golfgar4 is doing fine....I think he's just taking an absence....maybe he's working an extra job or two to save up for his new tractor and doesn't have time to chat with all of us who already have ours. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif Following is what he posted recently in my thread entitled "Barn Renovation Project" in the Rural Living Forum.

I miss him, as well as blurrybill, and hope they come back again soon to the forum discussions. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

....Bob

Re: Barn Renovation Project [Re: rancar]
#242584 - 03/06/03 11:53 PM Edit Reply Quote

Hi Bob!

Been awhile, huh? I decided that I'd been away too long, so I just started doing a little "catching up"! Forget how much catching up there'd be!!

Anyway, I thought I'd mention that the PBS network in Wisconsin had a great series last year on the barns of Wisconsin and the importance of restoring them. I believe there were a few tapes that could be purchased. If you're interested, I'll see if I can dig up the information for you.

How's that 4710 running? I'm still looking, but the wife and I have established "THE Tractor Fund". It's growing nicely. Hopefully it won't be a whole lot longer!

Take care and let me know if you'd like the information on those tapes.

Golfgar4 & FunBuggy

/ Where is Golfgar?
Oh OK so he has been here this month.

That is OK then.

What is the "Funbuggy" bit. Maybe he has the Tractor !!

Cheers

/ Where is Golfgar? #7  
<font color="blue">"...What is the "Funbuggy" bit? Maybe he has the Tractor !!..."</font>

No Neil....Funbuggy is Garry's golfcart. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif He's still working to pull together a tractor deal. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

/ Where is Golfgar? #8  
Good evening Neil! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif Or maybe it's morning in your neck of the woods /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I can never keep the time differences straight, but since I'm not planning on getting down there anytime in the future, I guess I don't need to worry about it! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Anyway, thanks for checking up on me! Bob (Rancar) mentioned in the "Related Topics" forum that you were looking for me. Well, I haven't disappeared, quit, or even given up. I think my last real regular participation was last November right after we got back from our 3 week "walkabout"! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif Shortly after we got back, our computer got infected with one of those viruses that were showing up. It took me a couple of weeks to get things remedied. By that time, we were into the holidays, our son moved back with us until he leaves for the Navy in September, and things have just gone crazy! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif You know the feeling - The Hurrier I go, The Behinder I get! Add to that, that when I finally got back to visit a little, the whole site had changed! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif I'm still trying to get used to it. I really like it - I just haven't figured out all the bells and whistles yet! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

Unfortunately I haven't been playing any golf - yet. The weather has not cooperated until this last weekend. And of course, that's the weekend that I was booked up all weekend and couldn't go. I do occassionally meet my other responsibilities at the expense of the golf game! But hey, I've already got 3 outings scheduled in the next 5 weeks, and for the middle of March into the middle of April, that's pretty darn good! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I'm still tractor shopping. That certainly hasn't changed. /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif I spent some time trying out a AGCO ST40 - <font color="blue"> on the COLDEST darn day of the year! </font> I've also found a Mahindra dealer within a decent drive, but haven't had a chance to get over there yet. I'm still impressed with the Kioti that I tested, but there's still time for other brands to win me over too! And I will always go back to see what <font color="green"> GREEN </font> and <font color="blue"> BLUE </font> can do for me. I'm also going to take another look at the new Kubotas. I don't think I've ever really given them a chance because I don't care for the local dealer. But since I'm willing to travel up to about an hour away, I figure I'll be able to find one no problem. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Actually, I think the hardest decision I'll have once I make my selection is if I should name the tractor FunBuggy II or something else. I don't know that the name Buggy would be appropriate. The Fun part of the name should be just fine though! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Well, I'm going to do a little catch up now. I don't know how long that might take! /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But it'll be fun! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Again, thanks for asking about me. It's a nice feeling to know that you're missed by other folks that you really like too! I'll try to visit a little more often than I have been. Although I have to be careful at work. We have a new IT director who scares the heck out of everybody. We're all starting to think we're in the sequel for Big Brother (the book 1984 for all you comic book fans! /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif)

I'll check in later, mate! /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Where is Golfgar? #9  
<font color="blue">"...Although I have to be careful at work. We have a new IT director who scares the heck out of everybody..." </font>

Ahhhh Garry......so, this is the real reason you don't post anymore during the day. I can understand.....they locked me out for a few months last fall. Then one day I tried logging in again and like magic TBN appeared on the screen. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif I'm cognizant of your reticence in posting during the day....I too have similar doubts, at least until someone from our internal inspector general's office starts to ask questions. /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif /forums/images/graemlins/shocked.gif But, until then....

Anyway....great to see you back. /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gifDrop me a PM if you want to talk about Mahindra tractors some more. I have something to tell ya...

...Bob

/ Where is Golfgar? #10  
A quick reply as I look over my shoulder! /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

I'll send you a PM this evening. OR, go ahead and send me the information in a PM and I'll reply back. I THINK my e-mail address is still working with the new and improved TBN format.

Thanks Bob! /forums/images/graemlins/smile.gif