Posts not being marked as read

/ Posts not being marked as read #1  

markie61

Veteran Member
Tractor
2019 Rural King RK55HC with Loader & Backhoe; 2001 New Holland TC40D with Loader
Something has changed....New over the past 24hours:

Used to be that if I looked under a forum (even if I didn't read all the new posts), the next time I looked, they would be displayed as older/read.

Now, even if I don't read them, they are STILL displayed as "new". Also, there are posts that I have DEFINITELY read that are being displayed as new under the forum. I have hit refresh and the main index button, but no difference

The only way I have found to "clear" them as "read" is to actually click on every single post, then refresh. It's more efficient to read along when you know what is truly new.

Mark

/ Posts not being marked as read
For example:

I just looked at the main discussions page and the attachments forum. It said 1 new thread and 8 new posts. I clicked on it and got 1.5 pages of posts labelled "new", some of which I already have viewed. Some had the most recent posts time-stamped as much as 2 days ago.

Mark

I also tried "marking all posts as read" button both on the main menu and under the attachments forum. It clears the main discussion menu, but the forums don't clear (I checked attachments)

I've tried to give as much info as possible.....

Mark

/ Posts not being marked as read #4  
Do you close your browser between sessions?

The only way I can duplicate what you describe is if I don't close my browser, and return to the forum... then all posts are still unread.

That was it! You da man!
I'm on here SO much, I guess I havent been off for 2 days!
Thanks for the site - it's great!
Mark
PS I still would like to write reviews for equipment brands that arent in the pull-down list. Please let me know when I can.

/ Posts not being marked as read #6  
<font color="blue">I'm on here SO much, I guess I havent been off for 2 days!</font>

You're not the only one who "watches" TBN more than their TV. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

We'll add that to the list for the reviews...

/ Posts not being marked as read #7  
TV? WHATS TV? never heard of it /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif