Edit post? How is it done?

/ Edit post? How is it done? #1  

Ozykioti

Bronze Member
Tractor
Kioti DK551C
Hi, Does anyone know how I can edit a post that I've done? I have looked/ clicked everything and can't find a way to go about it. It's most likely I'm looking right at it and just can't see it, you know like when you can't find the sunglasses that are on your head! If anyone can help it would be much appreciated. Thanks

/ Edit post? How is it done? #2  
At the corner of your post. Some forums won't let a post be edited after a certain age. Don't know about this one.

/ Edit post? How is it done?
Thanks bcp, I only have that on the newest posts(older posts don't have that button) Is there no way to edit older posts? I want to remove some photos I've posted if its possible

/ Edit post? How is it done? #4  
Are the photos posted as attachments or links?

Bruce

I think they are attachments but I'm not sure, I "uploaded" directly from my iPhone. Does uploaded mean it's a link? Thanks for your help so far. I'm new to forum stuff having never posted, only viewed before this week & computers seem to hate me!

/ Edit post? How is it done? #6  
If they are attachments, click on "My Home" near the page top.

Then, at the lower left side, it will have a link to where you can manage your attachments.

If they are on the web somewhere and you posted a link, they need to be removed from that site. It you still want them for some other purpose, they can re-uploaded with a different name.

Bruce

THANK YOU!! Well done bcp you know your stuff. Knowledge is a wonderful thing when you have it! Now I must try and remember how that's done if I need it again. Thanks again

/ Edit post? How is it done? #8  
Select edit if available. There is a time limit for editing. If you don't see the edit, then it can only be removed by the Administrators.

Select Go Advanced.

Select manage attachments.

Select REMOVE by the attachment you want to remove.

Select close Manage Attachments.

Save changes.

Thanks J_J got it sorted now.

/ Edit post? How is it done? #10  
I use White-Out. :ashamed::laughing:

Joe