Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #1  

Piston

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota L4610 Hitachi UH083LC
I don't know exactly where to post this but here goes....

As we all know, the TBN search function (like many forums) is certainly lacking. It can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

If you aren't aware of how to search specific websites using google, it is by far the best way to search, and here is how you do it:

Go to Google and type in whatever you want to search, in the search bar, then, after what you just typed, type this exact phrase, but without the quotation marks- "site:www.tractorbynet.com"

Therefor, if your looking for "how big of a tractor do I need" - You would type into the google search engine:

"How big of a tractor do I need site:w"ww.tractorbynet.com" (Note: take out the quote marks)

You will get ONLY results from TBN, and it works excellent. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #2  
I thought I was pretty good at using Google, but hadn't come across the site feature. So thanks for the post!

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #3  
Thanks! I will have to use that on some other forums too :thumbsup:

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #4  
Awesome! You get Googles search engine and limit the search to the TBN database.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #5  
As we all know, the TBN search function (like many forums) is certainly lacking. It can be difficult to find what you are looking for.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

That's an understatement - you find everything but....

Thank you for the tip.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #6  
Works with Bing too!
Good tip and thanks for posting it!

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #7  
Thanks for the tip! I'd never known about this, but the forum search features are definitely not the greatest.

Thanks again:thumbsup:

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results
Works with Bing too!
Good tip and thanks for posting it!

I didn't know it worked with Bing too, good to know.

I use that method almost all the time. Usually if I'm searching for something I know what site I want it from, and will always use that method when I know what site I want to search.

I haven't used a forum search function in years, that works so much better.

It would be nice if more people knew about it though which is why I posted, a lot of times it's hard to find what you need. There are so many threads that we see all the time where people just say "use the search function, this has been covered many times" but quite honestly, it's difficult to find certain things that have been covered many times. What's old to us, is new to so many others, and sometimes people get discouraged and stop asking questions.

The unfortunate thing is, after a few days this thread will disappear into the depths of the other hundreds of pages...and then you can't find it using the forum search function to remember how to google search the site :laughing:

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #9  
I didn't know it worked with Bing too, good to know.

I use that method almost all the time. Usually if I'm searching for something I know what site I want it from, and will always use that method when I know what site I want to search.

I haven't used a forum search function in years, that works so much better.

It would be nice if more people knew about it though which is why I posted, a lot of times it's hard to find what you need. There are so many threads that we see all the time where people just say "use the search function, this has been covered many times" but quite honestly, it's difficult to find certain things that have been covered many times. What's old to us, is new to so many others, and sometimes people get discouraged and stop asking questions.

The unfortunate thing is, after a few days this thread will disappear into the depths of the other hundreds of pages...and then you can't find it using the forum search function to remember how to google search the site :laughing:

I PM'd Muhammed or Bri (can't remember which), but asked them to make the how to post picture thread a sticky so new members would have easy access. It may be worth a shot. Google is definitely an improvement off the forum's search!

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #10  
The key to search engines exclusivity begins with the "quotation marks" It just narrows the search, you can apply it to any part of your search.... Thanks PISTON for bringing this to our attention.