Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #21  
...If you could easily find answers with the search engine there wouldn't be as many new posts...
Bill, that is so true :laughing: :D The lack of a good search feature is, in it's self, a feature to make people post more... :p

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #22  
I do not think TBN would want a great search engine. As long as TBN has been around and as many posts as there are, pretty much every possible question has been asked and answered. With the exception of new model tractors. If you could easily find answers with the search engine there wouldn't be as many new posts. Less new posts = less answers = lower value of TBN.
Bill

I don't know if there would be that many less posts. I think people would find threads related to their question easier and then post their question into an existing thread, which would help to keep related information together in one thread, and not scattered in many short-lived threads.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results
Bump....for those who haven't seen this...

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #24  
Thanks for the bump. I hadn't seen this.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #25  
This thread was moved to the News/Feedback forum.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #26  
I've been using that for years. That's how I found my tractor. Muhammad stated he is going to switch over to a Google powered search engine here in the future.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #28  
Update to this old thread.

Now you can use the "Google Custom Search" box at the very top of the page, on the right.

Just type in what you are looking for, it will search TBN.

More info here:
http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/news-feedback/283717-searching-tbn.html

Another update -
If you use "raw" google you can search within a range of dates.

Do your normal search.

grapple site:tractorbynet.com

When the results pop up (About 48,100 results (0.41 seconds) ) go down to the line with "Search Tools" and select "Search Tools". When "Any Time" pops up click on it and either select a time period or insert a custom date range.

This will enable you to drastically narrow your search if you have a certain time period in mind.

/ Here is the BEST WAY TO SEARCH TBN and get good results #29  
Another update -
If you use "raw" google you can search within a range of dates.

Do your normal search.

grapple site:tractorbynet.com

When the results pop up (About 48,100 results (0.41 seconds) ) go down to the line with "Search Tools" and select "Search Tools". When "Any Time" pops up click on it and either select a time period or insert a custom date range.

This will enable you to drastically narrow your search if you have a certain time period in mind.

Thank you:thumbsup: