Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Super Star Member
    Tractor
    Kubota L3830GST, B7500HST, BX2660

Default Re: Inline Text Ads

Quote Originally Posted by MNBobcat View Post
    No, I don't get those kinds of things.
    Not saying that you chose to install it. Just check to see if there are any there.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.
    Robert Heinlein, Time Enough for Love

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

What I get using Chrome is a word like mower, underlined and blue, that is a link to an offsite ad.

Here is a screen shot of one for kubota:

-husqvarna-r322t-awd-mower-any

if you click it, it takes you to Kubota's website.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    What I get using Chrome is a word like mower, underlined and blue, that is a link to an offsite ad.

Here is a screen shot of one for kubota:

-husqvarna-r322t-awd-mower-any

if you click it, it takes you to Kubota's website.
    That is normal (IIRC, its called "vigilink"). The Trend Micro popup ad is not.

Aaron Z
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

Tractor
    Bobcat V417 Toolcat 5610 F TORO+Loader

Quote Originally Posted by aczlan View Post
    That is normal (IIRC, its called "vigilink"). The Trend Micro popup ad is not.

Aaron Z
    Thanks, I haven't seen the Trend Micro popup ad. The vigilink is easy to ignore, so it doesn't bother me.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Xfaxman View Post
    Thanks, I haven't seen the Trend Micro popup ad.
    Me either which is why I suggested that MNBobcat may have a not-so-helpful toolbar or plugin which is adding it to websites they visit.

Aaron Z

Tractor
    Toro D200, Ford 1715, International 884,

While one can ignore the inline ads, I also find them extremely annoying.

Part of the problem is that they are so out of context. If I talk about using a hand powered push mower to cut a field, or the evils of insurance companies, the system stuffs in an ad that is often quite different from the topic being discussed.

I do try to sometimes add "relevant" links, and sometimes as an embedded comment, which then gets drowned out by ads for companies that I neither recommend, or support in any fashion.

Super Star Member
    Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by CliffordK View Post
    While one can ignore the inline ads, I also find them extremely annoying.
    Part of the problem is that they are so out of context. If I talk about using a hand powered push mower to cut a field, or the evils of insurance companies, the system stuffs in an ad that is often quite different from the topic being discussed.
    I do try to sometimes add "relevant" links, and sometimes as an embedded comment, which then gets drowned out by ads for companies that I neither recommend, or support in any fashion.
    Which ads are you seeing? The ONLY ads in the posts are the inline vigilink ads which will send you to http://www.tractorbynet.com/click/ADVERTISER.html (like the insurance link in your post which goes to http://www.tractorbynet.com/click/ktac.html) ANY other ads in the middle of a post or any popup ads are from malware on your browser, NOT from TBN.

Aaron Z

Tractor
    JD 4410, NH TC-25, Bobcat M610, JD X534, Dig-It Model 158

Quote Originally Posted by Muhammad View Post
    Are you using the TBN app or just browsing using your tablet? Regardless we don't have any invasive trend micro ads running as far as I know.
    I am using the browser included with android, not the tablet app. When i go to another forum which uses the same software , vbulletin, i do not get the ads. I run lookout mobile security and have rebooted and run av software, doesn't find anything.

Gold Member

Me either which is why I suggested that MNBobcat may have a not-so-helpful toolbar or plugin which is adding it to websites they visit.

Aaron Z
    I think you have posters confused. I posted about the vigilink ads not the trend micro pop-up problem the other guy mentioned. I adblock'd the vigilink ads and they are gone.

What I meant about "I don't get those kinds of things" is I don't get malware or viruses or unwanted browser add-ons ever on my computer.

Silver Member
    Tractor
    Kubota 3130HST w/LA723, HD bucket

Which ads are you seeing? The ONLY ads in the posts are the inline vigilink ads...
    Those are exactly the ads that suck.

Adding advertising links to my words, regardless of where they point is annoying and misleading. If I type "mower" or "insurance" (two current keywords for which ads are automatically injected), I'm not endorsing anything the site owner chooses to advertise.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast