Inline Text Ads

/ Inline Text Ads #22  
What I get using Chrome is a word like mower, underlined and blue, that is a link to an offsite ad.

Here is a screen shot of one for Kubota:

Husqvarna R322T AWD mower. Any Good  Got one  - Page 4.jpg

if you click it, it takes you to Kubota's website.

/ Inline Text Ads #23  
What I get using Chrome is a word like mower, underlined and blue, that is a link to an offsite ad.

Here is a screen shot of one for Kubota:

View attachment 316491

if you click it, it takes you to Kubota's website.

That is normal (IIRC, its called "vigilink"). The Trend Micro popup ad is not.

Aaron Z

/ Inline Text Ads #24  
That is normal (IIRC, its called "vigilink"). The Trend Micro popup ad is not.

Aaron Z

Thanks, I haven't seen the Trend Micro popup ad. The vigilink is easy to ignore, so it doesn't bother me.

/ Inline Text Ads #26  
While one can ignore the inline ads, I also find them extremely annoying.

Part of the problem is that they are so out of context. If I talk about using a hand powered push mower to cut a field, or the evils of insurance companies, the system stuffs in an ad that is often quite different from the topic being discussed.

I do try to sometimes add "relevant" links, and sometimes as an embedded comment, which then gets drowned out by ads for companies that I neither recommend, or support in any fashion.

/ Inline Text Ads #27  
While one can ignore the inline ads, I also find them extremely annoying.
Part of the problem is that they are so out of context. If I talk about using a hand powered push mower to cut a field, or the evils of insurance companies, the system stuffs in an ad that is often quite different from the topic being discussed.
I do try to sometimes add "relevant" links, and sometimes as an embedded comment, which then gets drowned out by ads for companies that I neither recommend, or support in any fashion.
Which ads are you seeing? The ONLY ads in the posts are the inline vigilink ads which will send you to http://www.tractorbynet.com/click/ADVERTISER.html (like the insurance link in your post which goes to http://www.tractorbynet.com/click/ktac.html) ANY other ads in the middle of a post or any popup ads are from malware on your browser, NOT from TBN.

Aaron Z

/ Inline Text Ads #28  
Are you using the TBN app or just browsing using your tablet? Regardless we don't have any invasive trend micro ads running as far as I know.
I am using the browser included with android, not the tablet app. When i go to another forum which uses the same software , vbulletin, i do not get the ads. I run lookout mobile security and have rebooted and run av software, doesn't find anything.

/ Inline Text Ads #29  
Me either which is why I suggested that MNBobcat may have a not-so-helpful toolbar or plugin which is adding it to websites they visit.

Aaron Z

I think you have posters confused. :) I posted about the vigilink ads not the trend micro pop-up problem the other guy mentioned. I adblock'd the vigilink ads and they are gone.

What I meant about "I don't get those kinds of things" is I don't get malware or viruses or unwanted browser add-ons ever on my computer.

/ Inline Text Ads #30  
Which ads are you seeing? The ONLY ads in the posts are the inline vigilink ads...

Those are exactly the ads that suck.

Adding advertising links to my words, regardless of where they point is annoying and misleading. If I type "mower" or "insurance" (two current keywords for which ads are automatically injected), I'm not endorsing anything the site owner chooses to advertise.