SQL Errors Fixed

/ SQL Errors Fixed #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
As you may have experienced, over the past 6-8 weeks, we have been experiencing random SQL errors caused by too many connections. We experienced errors on each day from May 2nd-19th.

We have made several configuration changes to the forum scripts that should resolve these problems.

Yesterday, for the first time in about three weeks, we went through the day without any errors.

Hopefully, things will be stable from now on. We do keep an error log, so if you experience any errors, we will have a record of them.

Thanks for your patience.

/ SQL Errors Fixed #3  
Can any one tell me if they are getting emails. I stopped getting them a while back, then started getting them sparatically and now I get none?

murph

/ SQL Errors Fixed
I get mine every day. /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

/ SQL Errors Fixed #5  
I haven't gotten any in the last two weeks?? I don't remember changing anything in my settings or profile they just quit coming.

murph

/ SQL Errors Fixed #6  
I used to get e-mails of all replies to my own posts (I liked that), but after the last changes, apparently I have to designate "favorites" to get them and then I got e-mails of all posts to that thread, or get none at all /forums/images/graemlins/frown.gif so I'm getting none at all. Oh, I do get an e-mail notifying me of any private messages.

/ SQL Errors Fixed
You're not subscribed to any forums. Which e-mails are you talking about?

We now have favorite threads rather than e-mail notifications of replies to just your post. So, when you post to a thread, you have to check the "Add this thread to my favorites" box when posting. You can remove it from your favorites from the "My Home" section.

/ SQL Errors Fixed #9  
A while back I checked the box "Do you want emails to your favorite threads which I just looked at tonight again and it is still checked. But I am not recieving any emails for the threads under my favorites.

The favorites that I do have I got them by clicking the toggle thread button at the bottom of the thread. I have about 15 threads that are favorites and the last e-mail I have recieved is May 15th, 2003

murph