I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #1  

Iplayfarmer

Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1215, Case 801B
After years of clinging to my old Palm, I finally gave it to pressure from work and got a smart phone (Samsung Rugby Smart). Now I'm exploring the world of android apps.

I downloaded the TBN android app, and I have to say I'm pleased with it. I like the interface. It suits a small screen very well. The pages loaded quickly, and it was easy to navigate.

My only concern is that I don't see a way to reply to a post without quoting someone else. There is no "quick reply" option.

All in all I'm glad to have the app. I expect I'll use it often.

P.S. I miss my Palm. Data entry on that tiny on-screen andriod keyboard sucks. My kingdom for a device that recognizes the old grafitti writing style.

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #2  
same here. I was away for a funeral and wanted to check in a moment on TB N on my andriod. I just went to TBN website and there was a request to download the app. :thumbsup: very nice. love the app. ;)

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #3  
I also use the TBN Android app on my Motorola Defy smart phone. I like it.

Iplayfarmer said:
My only concern is that I don't see a way to reply to a post without quoting someone else. There is no "quick reply" option.

On my phone there is a little button in the bottom left corner that has a symbol on it that has 4 little squares arranged in a 2 by 2 grid. The button is not part of the touch screen, it is below that. When I touch this button a little menu comes up which includes the option REPLY. This allows you to reply without quoting someone.

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #4  
I use the app as much as I use the website. I love it!

The only issue I've found is the images rarely load correctly, and when they don't you're screwed, as there is no way to refresh them.

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #5  
I also enjoy the Android app on my Asus Transformer. As noted, thumbnails loading seem to fail quite often. The workaround for that is the small rectangle funnelWeb mentioned to open the thread in the browser.

One feature I miss in the Android app is being able to directly view a poster's profile. But that can also be solved by opening the thread with in browser.

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN
Since I found the app I'm using it more to view than to reply. I really don't like the thumb pad concept on these android devices. I REALLY miss my old Palm.

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #7  
Iplayfarmer said:
I really don't like the thumb pad concept on these android devices. I REALLY miss my old Palm.

Get a keyboard app like SlideIT. I wouldn't use mine nearly as much without it.

(typed using SlideIT)

/ I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN #9  
Domush said:
Get a keyboard app like SlideIT. I wouldn't use mine nearly as much without it.

(typed using SlideIT)

Another good keyboard app, Swype, also works well.

But even better is the keyboard add on for my Asus Transformer. The keyboard makes it like a laptop and also adds about 6 hrs operating time because of the battery.

kco said:
Another good keyboard app, Swype, also works well.

But even better is the keyboard add on for my Asus Transformer. The keyboard makes it like a laptop and also adds about 6 hrs operating time because of the battery.

I downloaded Swype. It's way cool. It's like the keyboard can read my mind.