Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tractor
    Massey Ferguson 1215, Toro 266-H, Pennsylvania Panzer, Case 444, Craftsman 14/6

Default I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN

After years of clinging to my old Palm, I finally gave it to pressure from work and got a smart phone (Samsung Rugby Smart). Now I'm exploring the world of android apps.

I downloaded the TBN android app, and I have to say I'm pleased with it. I like the interface. It suits a small screen very well. The pages loaded quickly, and it was easy to navigate.

My only concern is that I don't see a way to reply to a post without quoting someone else. There is no "quick reply" option.

All in all I'm glad to have the app. I expect I'll use it often.

P.S. I miss my Palm. Data entry on that tiny on-screen andriod keyboard sucks. My kingdom for a device that recognizes the old grafitti writing style.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    Kubota BX24

Default Re: I Just Discovered the Android App for TBN

same here. I was away for a funeral and wanted to check in a moment on TB N on my andriod. I just went to TBN website and there was a request to download the app. very nice. love the app.

Tractor
    None yet.

I also use the TBN Android app on my Motorola Defy smart phone. I like it.

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer
    My only concern is that I don't see a way to reply to a post without quoting someone else. There is no "quick reply" option.
    On my phone there is a little button in the bottom left corner that has a symbol on it that has 4 little squares arranged in a 2 by 2 grid. The button is not part of the touch screen, it is below that. When I touch this button a little menu comes up which includes the option REPLY. This allows you to reply without quoting someone.
    Regards,
    Ian S.

Tractor
    1981 Yanmar 336D

I use the app as much as I use the website. I love it!

The only issue I've found is the images rarely load correctly, and when they don't you're screwed, as there is no way to refresh them.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ― Aristotle

Yanmar 1981 YM336D

From this . . . . To this

Check out the full restoration project: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 . . . . Adding gauges? How-to

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

I also enjoy the Android app on my Asus Transformer. As noted, thumbnails loading seem to fail quite often. The workaround for that is the small rectangle funnelWeb mentioned to open the thread in the browser.

One feature I miss in the Android app is being able to directly view a poster's profile. But that can also be solved by opening the thread with in browser.

Tractor

Since I found the app I'm using it more to view than to reply. I really don't like the thumb pad concept on these android devices. I REALLY miss my old Palm.
    From now on I will only buy cars that are a silver/grey color. Then I can make all body repairs with Duct Tape.

Tractor
    1981 Yanmar 336D

Quote Originally Posted by Iplayfarmer
    I really don't like the thumb pad concept on these android devices. I REALLY miss my old Palm.
    Get a keyboard app like SlideIT. I wouldn't use mine nearly as much without it.

(typed using SlideIT)
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it. ― Aristotle

Yanmar 1981 YM336D

From this . . . . To this

Check out the full restoration project: Part 1 - Part 2 - Part 3 . . . . Adding gauges? How-to

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by Domush View Post

(typed using SlideIT)
    I may try that. After your suggestion I looked up this... https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...graffiti&hl=en

I'm sure the reason I miss my palm is because I spent 10 years getting used to it. Maybe I'll like my android device better after another 10 years.

Platinum Member
    Tractor
    Kioti DK35 SE HST (2011)

Quote Originally Posted by Domush

(typed using SlideIT)
    Another good keyboard app, Swype, also works well.

But even better is the keyboard add on for my Asus Transformer. The keyboard makes it like a laptop and also adds about 6 hrs operating time because of the battery.

Tractor

Quote Originally Posted by kco

Another good keyboard app, Swype, also works well.

But even better is the keyboard add on for my Asus Transformer. The keyboard makes it like a laptop and also adds about 6 hrs operating time because of the battery.
    I downloaded Swype. It's way cool. It's like the keyboard can read my mind.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast