MASSIVE newbie welcomes???

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #1  

LD1

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota MX5100
Dont really want this thread to be taken the wrong way, cause I really dont care either way and dont care what people post about, but.........

What do you guys think about MASSIVE postings by the same person(S) welcoming newbies????

Like when I click "todays posts" or "since my last visit" and there are no less than 25-30 posts on the first page all in a row simply just saying welcome.

What are everyones opinions on this??

I am undecided. One side of me thinks its great for a newbies first post to get several warm welcomes. But the other side of me finds it frustrating at times to see SOOOO many in a row when browsing for someone maybe trying to get a post cout up?????

Maybe I'm just mean or stuck-up, but I dont post a welcome unless they ask a specific question that I can help with.

I dont really want to call them "meaningless" posts, but for lack of a better word......

Again, dont take this the wrong way guys. I am sure those of you that do the MASS WELCOMINGS will read this also. DONT take it personal. Again, I really dont care eitehr way, It is just a trend I have noticed on here as of recently and just wanting everyone elses opinions on it. OR if they have even noticed. If I am a cruel idiot, just tell me to shut up:laughing:

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #2  
Mean spirited, hateful old curmudgeon:D

James K0UA

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #3  
Who cares.

U asked.

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #4  
Welcome LD1! opps, wrong forum. Anyway, I guess it's a two-way sword. I know when I started, it was nice to be acknowledged and feel like someone knew you had joined. On the other hand it takes awhile reading through the replies on any given discussion to see if someone is just posting to post, or has something to really offer.

When I started, I did look at the post counts and take higher counts into consideration.. I've since kinda backed away from that and been more content-aware. If I look at anything now,it's the join date. Again, it doesn't neccesarily mean anything, but a poster with (pick a 3 or 4 digit number) who has been here for only a few months is either really smart or really needs to get outside and spend more quality time with their tractor :thumbsup:

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #5  
Not sure it matters much to me... I saw that some new folks seemed to appreciate a welcome post, so I tried for a bit to welcome new members. Got to be too time consuming for me, but I sure don't mind others welcoming new members. Just my $.02

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #6  
Postwhores. The only thing worse is the lowest kind of pirate - the dreaded Butt Pirates. Of course, if youre from San Fran or from Ohio State, your opinion may differ.....:)

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #8  
300UGUY said:
Postwhores. The only thing worse is the lowest kind of pirate - the dreaded Butt Pirates. Of course, if youre from San Fran or from Ohio State, your opinion may differ.....:)

I guess post ****** just want to get that new tractor from the forum sponsors every TBN member gets when they get to 1500 posts. I can't imagine any other reason why post counts matter.

I try to welcome one new member every day.

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #9  

Oh boy, looks like we may be sailing up a different fork in the river here :confused2:

/ MASSIVE newbie welcomes??? #10  

Whats wrong with Pirates? BTW, Welcome to TBN...:laughing::laughing: