Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #501  
occasionally when making a reply and hitting the button to send.. I'll get a popup asking if I intended to navigate away from the page. at first I thought I hit a add button and was going to a new page.. so backed up and it did it again.. then I thought it might be spyware.. checked my AV reports nada.. decided to hit 'yes' and then the message posted normally.

only does this now and again.. odd ? anyone else see this?

and another .. I browse with multi tbn tabs open. some have the message title.. some have a # sign and number and the word post.

like 3#post int he tab header.. some do.. some don't..

anyone else see this?
I started to reply I haven't seen either, while replying to a few posts today. But then when I first posted this, I got the 'leave page?' box and No threw me back to the Quick Reply composition box with no indication that my attempt had already posted. I don't need the QR box after the post posted!

I don't recall if I had other tabs open today but its not unusual.

And now I have a double post. This was composed as an 'Edit Post' of my preceding message, not as a new attempt.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #502  
Bring back the "like" button for each post. Just make it a "thumbs up".

yes,

Or do as Ive seen done on several other forums, a button to give "thanks" for a post. The user's name who has given "thanks" appears at the bottom of the post in question.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #503  
Don't know if anyone else noticed this but the spell check button does not work any more. I can spell check using ieSpell by right-clicking on the post text but I used to be able to do it by clicking on the spell check button.

In a previous post in this thread someone mentioned a 'Like" button. I can't find that when I'm viewing a thread. Where is it located?

The auto-save function seems to override text submit and the end result is sometimes a garbled mess even though I have spell checked and reviewed it before submitting the reply. Maybe this is related to the timing of the auto-save and when I hit the submit button. Auto-save seems to occur frequently, like more than once a minute. This seems to be a high rate and may impact server performance if you have a couple hundred replies being generated by that number of users. Can it be set to something more reasonable like every 5 minutes?

In long threads when the ads in the right frame reload is there a refresh of the screen pushed to my browser window? I can be reading along when all of a sudden the window will refresh (like I hit the refresh button) and I'll be back at the top of the thread staring at a new ad.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #504  
   / Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #505  
This new forum seems to be more susceptible to Spammers...or, those A-holes are just being more persistent. Or, it's bots doing this crap...
Don't know if anyone else noticed this but the spell check button does not work any more. I can spell check using ieSpell by right-clicking on the post text but I used to be able to do it by clicking on the spell check button.
I've had trouble using ieSpell. It doesn't overwrite the misspelled word entirely, so there will be an extra syllable or two left.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #506  
This may have already been mentioned, but I don't wish to go through all 51 pages to see if it has. When I sign in and mark Remember Me, the software does not on my next visit. The old software did, as does many other forums with the VBulletin software package. Not a big deal, but something to know if you are not aware of it.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #507  
When I sign in and mark Remember Me, the software does not on my next visit. The old software did
I haven't had that problem. On each of three pc's here, a single login after the upgrade with checking Remember Me was all it needed for the subsequent visits to show me logged in. I think there was once that I had to log in a second time, on the first day after the upgrade while M was still tweaking stuff.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #508  
I used to use ISPELL w/o issue old style forum, new
style forum I can not get OE spell shck to work nor, even
after reloading ISPELL can I get it to work. This is
gonna get meesy! :hissyfit:

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #509  
i don't know what issue you are experiencing.. but it ain't your battery preventing emails coming from tbn to your computer.. :)

Was thinking the same thing. Even if it was they have a tiny internal battery for memory functions etc. Also these settings would be saved on a hard drive which does not need a battery? :confused3:

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #510  
I started to reply I haven't seen either, while replying to a few posts today. But then when I first posted this, I got the 'leave page?' box and No threw me back to the Quick Reply composition box with no indication that my attempt had already posted. I don't need the QR box after the post posted!

I don't recall if I had other tabs open today but its not unusual.

And now I have a double post. This was composed as an 'Edit Post' of my preceding message, not as a new attempt.

yep.. that navigate away only hits now and then.. weird...