Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #681  
The Search doesn't work right. In example I type in "solar panel" expecting post containing word solar or panel or preferably only contaning phrase solar panel but I get irrelevant posts. Or I type in name of a member that has lot of posts and get response that nothing was found.

Stupid question, but are you typing the username in the "username" box and NOT the "keyword" box??

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #682  
still obtaining a lot of "double posts" happening. i tend to open 2 to 10 threads in different tabs in firefox 15 at one time, go do something else, and come back and start reading through the threads errr "tabs"

it is almost like as soon as i click "post quick reply" or when in advance click "submit reply" everything is submitted, then a bunch of "checks" happen and then vbulletin submits the post one more time. like one of the "filters" for spam to bad words, to redo URL's with page names URL links, to other. it is like one of them filters are using a hard code variable and passing post as ok so vbulletin submits thread to the database, and then a few more other filters post is ran through. and the last thing is "oked" so post is finally submitted again into the database. or there is some sort of multi server setup for website, and on data submit info is being to one server and load balance is not dealing with things when info gets submited to another server. perhaps you are running extra javascript checks on post before data is actually submitted to TBN servers. and that is part of the delayed double postings.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #683  
Stupid question, but are you typing the username in the "username" box and NOT the "keyword" box??

In fact I select the username from the list that appears when part of the username is typed.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #684  
I have not been able to figure out how to do a partial quote, that is probably just my inexperience with how the forum works though

potential problem ??? something is wrong on the Ventrac thread I believe, recent posts repeated, minutes apart

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #685  
Seems like we're getting a lot more SPAM threads now..

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #686  
I have not been able to figure out how to do a partial quote, that is probably just my inexperience with how the forum works though

potential problem ??? something is wrong on the Ventrac thread I believe, recent posts repeated, minutes apart

When you quote someone, you will see the quote transfered to the box below where you type your response. It will be something like [qoute] then their text here followed by [/qoute]. All you have to do is delete whatever part inside those quote tags you DONT want to quote.:thumbsup:

And yes, I intentionally mispelled quote there because if I didnt, it would post it like a quote and you wouldnt see the brackets and such.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #687  
I second opinion above suggesting a tightening of the search function.

When I enter a search for DISC HARROW, I am NOT interested in seeing search results including Rotary Harrows, Spike Harrows, Drag Harrows, Bog Harrows, Offset Harrows, Chain Harrows, Drag Harrows, Harrow Plans, Home Made Harrow, Adjusting Harrows, Arena Harrows, etc.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #688  
thanks LD1, that actuallly was the mrthod that I was using, I just though that I was missing a step in there somewhere. ":thumbsup:"

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #689  
The Search doesn't work right. In example I type in "solar panel" expecting post containing word solar or panel or preferably only containing phrase solar panel but I get irrelevant posts. Or I type in name of a member that has lot of posts and get response that nothing was found.

I tried to search for "solar" and got lot of post with Polaris. I also think the search should have "Exact keyword" and/or "Near" option. In example if I type the keyword in quotes it would treat it as single keyword. Near option could find only posts that have keywords within single sentence or closer than x words etc.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #690  
Perhaps I've missed it before, but I just noticed that TBN seems to have started injecting Advertisement posts in threads. They are only shown when you aren't logged in. Great, it's not as if they didn't have enough advertisements to begin with, but this just might be the last straw. When is enough enough?