Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #1  

Muhammad

Administrator
Tractor
None currently
Hi Everybody,

As you can see we have upgraded the forums with a new software version and new design (which will soon be carried out to all pages of the site). We still have a bunch of stuff on our to-do list but would like to use this thread for bug reports or any questions you may have.

We will address issues as quickly as possible and reply when we can. We will be tweaking the forum for days, if not weeks. The old version of the forum was four years old and had been optimized over that period of time.

Thank you!

Last edited:
   / Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #2  
I no longer have a little tractor symbol for the quick link tab in firefox, just a check mark.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #3  
Hi Everybody,

As you can see we have upgraded the forums with a new software version and new design (which will soon be carried out to all pages of the site). We still have a bunch of stuff on our to-do list but would like to use this thread for bug reports or any questions you may have.

Thank you!

So far it seems a lot more "clunky" than the last iteration, maybe the "stuff" you plan on doing will resolve some of it

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #4  
Three minor issues:
1. There seems to be 2-3 lines of blank space between the end of each post and the "Like" button. Any chance that could be removed?
2. On my laptop with a 1280x800 display, I have lots of whitespace on the right side. The old forum would autosize to the width of my screen. This will be worse on wider screens...
3. The text size seems to be one size larger than the previous one was

Aaron Z

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #5  
So far it seems a lot more "clunky" than the last iteration, maybe the "stuff" you plan on doing will resolve some of it

It seems clunkier here as well. Maybe I just need to learn how to use it. Any specific reasons for updating besides a refreshed UI?

So far so good, though.

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #6  
Hitting the Ctrl and the minus key once to zoom out one step will fix that in my experience

I no longer have a little tractor symbol for the quick link tab in firefox, just a check mark.
I have the normal icon up there.

Also, the bottom "reply to thread" button didnt work for me just now in FF10.0...

Aaron Z

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues?
Three minor issues:
1. There seems to be 2-3 lines of blank space between the end of each post and the "Like" button. Any chance that could be removed?
2. On my laptop with a 1280x800 display, I have lots of whitespace on the right side. The old forum would autosize to the width of my screen. This will be worse on wider screens...
3. The text size seems to be one size larger than the previous one was

Aaron Z

1. Will look into it.
2. Ads usually go there. We're still inserting ad codes.
3. Text size of posts, or everywhere?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #8  
no issues here as to function.

but not digging the page layout. Old one was easier on the eyes. Also I might have missed it, but is there a "New Posts since my last visit" button?

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #9  
It looks good to me, what are the different colors of envelopes next to a forum? There are orange, and grey folders? Thanks

/ Forum Upgrade - Any Issues? #10  
Hi Everybody,

Thank you!

2 things
The reply to thread button does not seem to work
Also when you click on a thread it does not seem to take you to the first new post, takes you back to # 1