Not a fan of the new forum look...

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #1  

RaydaKub

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota BX2230
The individual threads aren't so bad, but the thread index under Owning/Operating is just NOT as easy to see/read/sort through. I know you guys moved to a new server, but the old look was easier for me to use. I sure don't mean to burst anyone's bubble. It is obvious a lot of time was put into this. Sorry, but I just don't find it as easy to read and follow the threads I want.

One thing I notice that is missing is the Go button on the quick jump to the forum list again. If I want to go to the thread list again, it used to be a quick click on the go button. Now I have to look at the drop-down again. I know it's petty, but 1 click vs click-mouseover-click is just not as efficient.

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #2  
Just can't leave good enough alone.

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #3  
The individual threads aren't so bad, but the thread index under Owning/Operating is just NOT as easy to see/read/sort through. I know you guys moved to a new server, but the old look was easier for me to use. I sure don't mean to burst anyone's bubble. It is obvious a lot of time was put into this. Sorry, but I just don't find it as easy to read and follow the threads I want.

One thing I notice that is missing is the Go button on the quick jump to the forum list again. If I want to go to the thread list again, it used to be a quick click on the go button. Now I have to look at the drop-down again. I know it's petty, but 1 click vs click-mouseover-click is just not as efficient.

Just made a change to the thread index. Now it's basically the same way it was.

Which forum jump list are you referring to?

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #4  
I understand you have to change things sometimes but this is awful hard on my old eyes. Type to small and lots of white blank spaces makes everything very bright so it is hard to read. Everything blends together for me. I hope others like it better but this is now a struggle for me to use,

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #5  
Quite a change for me.I hope I can make the adjustment I know I still hate the time lne change on facebook. but.... cant do anything about it.

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #6  
I understand you have to change things sometimes but this is awful hard on my old eyes. Type to small and lots of white blank spaces makes everything very bright so it is hard to read. Everything blends together for me. I hope others like it better but this is now a struggle for me to use,

You can make the font as large as you need by using Ctrl+ to make it larger or Ctrl- to make it smaller. or If you have the pinch tecnology on your laptop touchpad just spread to make larger or pinch to make smaller

James K0UA

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #7  
I sure hope that I get use to this change soon. I hate it when things change. :smiley_aafz: :mur:

/ Not a fan of the new forum look...
Just made a change to the thread index. Now it's basically the same way it was.

Which forum jump list are you referring to?

While I dabble in a few other sections, I primarily live in Owning/Operating and Kubota Owning/Operating. So let's assume I am in this thread. I finish reading it and want to go back to the list of threads like Today's Seat Time or Name that Tractor. At the bottom of the page was the drop down called Forum Jump or something like that. Next to it was a Go button that would take me instantly back to the thread list. Now it is called Quick Navigation and there is a Top button next to it. (I have rarely found a "Top" button useful.) So with the Go button gone, I have to click on the "Owning/Operating drop down item again (which usually moves that item at least a little ways) and select O/O again. Then it brings me back to the list. The Go button used to do it with one click, no scrolling to reselect what I already selected.

The other thing I've just discovered is that there is not as tall an input window for replies.
Ah, I just noticed that the input field can be sized with the handle in the lower right. I don't know if it will now default to the size I have selected now, but at least sizing is possible.

/ Not a fan of the new forum look...
I wasn't sure what you meant with the thread index. Now I think I do. It resets to the top thread again called News/Feedback every time. That's actually contrary to what I liked about the old version.

/ Not a fan of the new forum look... #10  
While I dabble in a few other sections, I primarily live in Owning/Operating and Kubota Owning/Operating. So let's assume I am in this thread. I finish reading it and want to go back to the list of threads like Today's Seat Time or Name that Tractor. At the bottom of the page was the drop down called Forum Jump or something like that. Next to it was a Go button that would take me instantly back to the thread list. Now it is called Quick Navigation and there is a Top button next to it. (I have rarely found a "Top" button useful.) So with the Go button gone, I have to click on the "Owning/Operating drop down item again (which usually moves that item at least a little ways) and select O/O again. Then it brings me back to the list. The Go button used to do it with one click, no scrolling to reselect what I already selected.

The other thing I've just discovered is that there is not as tall an input window for replies.
Ah, I just noticed that the input field can be sized with the handle in the lower right. I don't know if it will now default to the size I have selected now, but at least sizing is possible.

Ok, I understand now. We can add a link back to the forum somewhere...

And yes, the box should stay the same size for all of your replies.