New Forum software!!!! Like it or not??

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #1  

kebo

Elite Member
Tractor
2001 John Deere 790 4x4, bar tires
I like the new version of the forum software so far, in that it seems to be flip back and forth between posts a bit quicker than the older version. :thumbsup: Also, I notice when you click on a picture on a post that is way down the thread, and then hit the back button, it goes straight back to that post. I REALLY like that!! I used to have scroll back down and find the post I was on to keep on reading it.

One thing I see that I don't like is that there doesn't seem to be a post preview feature, like when you hover your cursor over a post title. It used to be you could read the first sentence or two of a post by doing that, but now you get nothing when you hover over the thread title. Oh well, I guess you can't have everything??

I'm sure there are probably a few other quirks that I haven't come across yet, but will learn them as I get used to it! Tractor on!!! :thumbsup:

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #2  
I am not a fan of this new look. It seems to be to boxy and on the today's post page I find the titles harder to read. May be bigger font would fix this. I am sure I will get used too it. I do like the new picture viewing layout though.

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #3  
I am not a fan of this new look. It seems to be to boxy and on the today's post page I find the titles harder to read. May be bigger font would fix this. I am sure I will get used too it. I do like the new picture viewing layout though.

ctrl key on keyboard then PLUS or MINUS sign. to enlarge or decrease text font. agree font seems a little small.

CTRL +
CTRL -

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #4  
no body likes change it will take time to adjust,but a darker background would help.

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #5  
I don't really like the new design of the forum. But I will eventually get used to it.

Chad

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #6  
no body likes change it will take time to adjust,but a darker background would help.

Well I can live with change however two quick things:

1. For whatever reason I could not "REPLY" I had to select "REPLY WITH QUOTE"

2. So far I have not been able to find the "Since My Last Visit" function that used to be here. If I visit two or three times a day and "Mark All Read" each time I don't want to have all of the days posts come up. Also, If I don't read for a day or two - how do you get yesterdays posts for example?

Maybe after some additional searching or experimenting I'll find the missing features.

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #7  
Well I solved the #1. If I place my cursor ON the Reply to Thread icon it does not work. If the cursor just barely touches the bottom then it does work.

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #8  
Well I can live with change however two quick things:

1. For whatever reason I could not "REPLY" I had to select "REPLY WITH QUOTE"

2. So far I have not been able to find the "Since My Last Visit" function that used to be here. If I visit two or three times a day and "Mark All Read" each time I don't want to have all of the days posts come up. Also, If I don't read for a day or two - how do you get yesterdays posts for example?

Maybe after some additional searching or experimenting I'll find the missing features.

We will be adding the "since my last visit" link again. It's on the to-do list.

/ New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #9  
So far I'm loving the new look. There are some changes that I would make, but luckily I can have my cake and eat it too, using the Stylish plugin for Firefox :thumbsup: - I just made the forum look the way I wanted. (Don't worry, I'm not stingy.. once I finish up the changes, I'll share them with everyone to try out)

I've attached a preview of the changes I made. So, pretty much, consider that screenshot "what I wish it was normally".

As for features:

- I do miss the "my topics" being the subscribed threads with new posts. I don't care what topics I've started, as I subscribe to them all and never lose them.
- Not having the forums list dropdown is a bummer. I liked the quick access

Everything else seems the same, which is great, as I liked it as it was, thought ssl.google-analytics.com is still hosing up the works (never completing the transfer)..

UPDATE: Here is the link to the Stylish style: TractorByNet forum cleanup for better reading - Themes and Skins for Tractorbynet - userstyles.org
You need the Stylish plugin to use it (it can be found for Chrome, Firefox, etc)

Attachments

• TractorByNet.com redesign.png
    TractorByNet.com redesign.png
    100 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
   / New Forum software!!!! Like it or not?? #10  
With the change wish they would of added some kind of Hay&Pasture forum.